Waitlisted- Send a letter of intent/interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manne02

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waitlisted at a school that I really want to go. The school specifically states that they don't want calls about wait list status, but I've been given the advice to write a letter of intent or a thank you note to the school. Does anybody have experience in doing this? Should I send a letter or is it too late now that it's almost July?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waitlisted at a school that I really want to go. The school specifically states that they don't want calls about wait list status, but I've been given the advice to write a letter of intent or a thank you note to the school. Does anybody have experience in doing this? Should I send a letter or is it too late now that it's almost July?

You can try it. It will probably help more than hurt.

*UPDATE*
So I did write a letter of intent to my top choice and about a week later I was accepted! I can't say for sure that this was all because of that letter, but I think it definitely helped. So, if anybody is still waitlisted I recommend sending a letter too!

P.S. My letter was a full page, single spaced, and I think it was very strong (my statements were backed up by evidence)

Reactions: 1 user
*UPDATE*
So I did write a letter of intent to my top choice and about a week later I was accepted! I can't say for sure that this was all because of that letter, but I think it definitely helped. So, if anybody is still waitlisted I recommend sending a letter too!

P.S. My letter was a full page, single spaced, and I think it was very strong (my statements were backed up by evidence)

You did the right thing, congratulations.