Wake Forest Funded Counseling Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coloradocutter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience, information or knowledge about Wake Forest's counseling program? I noticed it was funded. I think NC has tricky licensure for master's level folks, so I need to check that out, but was just wondering. Please PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any experience, information or knowledge about Wake Forest's counseling program? I noticed it was funded. I think NC has tricky licensure for master's level folks, so I need to check that out, but was just wondering. Please PM me.

NC has an absolute clusterfreak of a mental health situation over the last seven years with reform. On top of that, it's coming out this week that we can expect even more cuts to Medicaid reimbursement (which is the majority of our mental health dollar these days in most parts of the state).

If you can survive the policy drama, the licensure requirements are not really tricky. With the counseling degree, you'd be going for the LPC. That degree is actually the easiest one to get in NC. It sort of frustrates me.

You are allowed to count internship hours and internship supervision toward your total requirements and that leaves post-degree hours at about 1200 and it used to be, not sure anymore, but that the actual clinical number of hours was even less than the 1200 leftovers... also, they don't have to be paid hours.

That's compared w/the LCSW (3000 supervised, paid, post degree hours) and I don't know about LPA's... their requirements are weird b/c they aren't getting set up for independent practice.

Wake Forest is a good school and a fully funded masters counseling program is a winner in my book.

Good luck with your decision.