WAMC 2024-2025 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puzzles29

Reaction score
Please let me know of areas of improvement!

Date of submission: likely early-mid july
Overall GPA: 3.9
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 24 AA, 24TS (22 PA, 22 QR, 25 RC, 26 BIO, 24 GC, 23 OC)
State of Residence: Minnesota

Major: Biology BS
Minor: Chicano/Latino Studies
Minority? Yes
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no

Shadowing Experience: 102, general, peds, ortho
Volunteering Experience: 150: ESL teacher, clinic assistant
Employment: Dental receptionist, social media manager
Research: Soil microbiome research to tackle the antibiotic crisis
Other Extracurriculars: 2 Predental clubs
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? no unfortunately
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list
LOR type and strength: 2 science professors, one dentist/employer (strong)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
School list:

Minnesota
Marquette
Iowa
Boston
San Antonio
Colorado

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please let me know of areas of improvement!

Date of submission: likely early-mid july
Overall GPA: 3.9
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 24 AA (22 PA, 22 QR, 25 RC, 26 BIO, 24 GC, 23 OC)
State of Residence: Minnesota

Major: Biology BS
Minor: Chicano/Latino Studies
Minority? Yes
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? no

Shadowing Experience: 102, general, peds, ortho
Volunteering Experience: 150: ESL teacher, clinic assistant
Employment: Dental receptionist, social media manager
Research: Soil microbiome research to tackle the antibiotic crisis
Other Extracurriculars: 2 Predental clubs
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? no unfortunately
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list
LOR type and strength: 2 science professors, one dentist/employer (strong)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: younger applicant
School list:
Minnesota
Marquette
Iowa
Boston
San Antonio
Colorado
what is your TS?
how/why are you a "younger applicant"?
why are you planning on submitting early/mid july?

Presuming you are Hispanic/Latinx, have you connected with HDA or any chapters of SNDA at the schools on your list.

I would like to see more community service that isn't teaching. What type of clinic are you an assistant?

Work where you are involved in the community such as food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation would be ideal.

How else are you involved on campus? This WAMC description seems a little bare in that department.

Sign up for the ADEA Virtual Dental School Recruitment Fair (link has been posted in the forums).

Volunteer for a Mission of Mercy (Mission of Mercy) or any similar community opportunity that the dentists you work for are engaged in regularly.

Was your entire childhood spent in Minnesota? Fine manual dexterity Manual Dexterity

Members don't see this ad :)
Presuming you are Hispanic/Latinx, have you connected with HDA or any chapters of SNDA at the schools on your list.

I would like to see more community service that isn't teaching. What type of clinic are you an assistant?

Work where you are involved in the community such as food distribution, shelter volunteer, job/tax preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation would be ideal.

How else are you involved on campus? This WAMC description seems a little bare in that department.

Sign up for the ADEA Virtual Dental School Recruitment Fair (link has been posted in the forums).

Volunteer for a Mission of Mercy (Mission of Mercy) or any similar community opportunity that the dentists you work for are engaged in regularly.

Was your entire childhood spent in Minnesota? Fine manual dexterity Manual Dexterity
May I ask what are HDA/SNDA chapters? I have not heard of those before.

I forgot to mention that I also have volunteered by going to Minneapolis health fairs in held in Latino churches to promote resources such as news portals, family events, and more. I also create social media postings with information from the Minnesota Department of Health and translate/curate them for Latino audiences.

I would ideally like to be more involved on campus, but I am in 3 clubs (2 predental and Letters for Love), work 2 jobs, and am in my research lab. I am also currently apart of a community-based research course that is focusing on the local housing disparities of Latinos in specific.

Do you have any more resources/recommendations of events like Mission of Mercy? I will be out of town so I can't participate in that one :(

Yes, I was born and raised in MN!

Reactions: 1 user
I think your chances for MN are pretty strong. I would just try to get your app in as early as possible and connect with the school if you're able. We host multiple pre-dental events throughout the year for prospective students.

Reactions: 1 user
Concurring, register for recruitment events and communications from the closest schools to you (Minnesota, Iowa, Marquette, Creighton).

Follow these suggestions