WAMC: 3.52, 508 + special master's 3.75

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frenchtoastmed

Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.52 , sGPA: 3.1 (undergrad)
  2. SMP GPA: 3.75 , at EVMS Medical Master's - (we took 1st year medial school courses with the med students)
  3. MCAT: 508 (127/125/127/129) . Took MCAT the first time and got a 500 (126/122/125/127) Second time I improved 8 points as seen.
  4. Virginia resident
  5. Asian
  6. Undergrad: William & Mary, Grad school (SMP) at Eastern Virginia Medical School Medical master's
  7. Clinical experience & shadowing: 1200+ hours working at a doctor's office currently, 300+ shadowing at internal medicine, 200+ volunteer hospital
  8. Research: limited, about 70 hours one summer
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 700+ hours of volunteer experience: 4 service organizations in undergrad with leadership (Vice President roles), volunteering at two homeless shelters, volunteer at local food bank, + more
  10. Extracurricular activities: violin (played for service organization), tennis, spent gap year doing EVMS Medical Master's program, chess
  11. Honors: Dean's list student
  12. LOR: got 3 science professor letters from undergrad and my master's program. 2 LOR from the head doctors at my clinic I work for, and 2 letters from my undergrad pre health team and my master's program director

If possible, please help me construct a school list. I have a low tier list so far, but I would really appreciate the help. I know my stats aren't the strongest, but I've tried to make improvements with my Master's program and retaking the MCAT + more on-going volunteer and clinical hours. Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Oakland
Creighton
Albany
NYMC
Rosalind
Quinnipac
Hackensack
Loyola
Rush
EVMS
VCU
Temple
Drexel
Tulane
TCU
Jefferson
Creighton AZ

Probably some DO but I don’t enough to suggest

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
You should also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
CUSOM
WVSOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
LECOM
Touro-NY
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
ACOM

@Faha Thank you so much. You are a life-saver.
Are any of these schools heavily research-oriented? I want to avoid those since I do not see myself having a big shot at them- I don't have much research experience. Thank you so much again!!

Could you remind me if you qualified for linkage interviews with EVMS? Do you want to stay in Virginia or thereabouts?
I did get an interview with EVMS. I would prefer to stay in-state, but with my stats, I would be happy attending an out of state school that accepts me. Thanks so much !

Yes. I think the relationship with UNT dissolved.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
West Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
You should also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
CUSOM
WVSOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
LECOM
Touro-NY
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
ACOM
May I ask why schools such as Jefferson, Creighton, New York Medical College, and Quinnipiac are a good suggestion for me? I am not too familiar with those schools but would love to apply- I just feel under-qualified based off statistics, but I am curious to know if perhaps you chose these schools because they value clinical service or SMP programs, or perhaps they are out-of-state friendly? Thank you so much for the insight and all the help.

May I ask why schools such as Jefferson, Creighton, New York Medical College, and Quinnipiac are a good suggestion for me? I am not too familiar with those schools but would love to apply- I just feel under-qualified based off statistics, but I am curious to know if perhaps you chose these schools because they value clinical service or SMP programs, or perhaps they are out-of-state friendly? Thank you so much for the insight and all the help.
They are OOS friendly and some value applicants with reinvention (your SMP).