WAMC 3.8 cGPA 3.90 sGPA 518 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScienzRules

Reaction score
Here is my WAMC:
  1. cGPA = 3.80 and sGPA = 3.90
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 518 (131/127/129/131)
  3. State of residence: Georgia
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Non-Hispanic & Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: State Public School In Georgia
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 1.5 years as an ER scribe (~1400 hours), 4.5 years clinical volunteer at an outpatient dialysis clinic (~600 hours)
  7. Research experience and productivity: 2 years research undergrad (~400 hours) and 1 year gap year research (~1600 hours). I will be getting another ~1600 hours this year as well. My research has been primarily in bioinformatics.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: Shadowed Cardiologist, Nephrologist, Primary Care Physician (~100 hours)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: Habitat for Humanity for 4 years (~200 hours) and Afterschool Academy Mentor (~100 hours). Was a leader in both activities as a secretary and a service coordinator respectively.
  10. Other extracurricular activities: Dance (~1000 hours) and Tennis (all my life, ~0 hours). Got leadership through dance team as the captain.
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Got paid research fellowship and stipend over tons of applicants. President's list 1 semester and Dean's list 3 semesters.
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: This may be a red flag but I got kicked out of a lab. I also took a course for my research activity which was graded by the same PI from this lab. I ended up getting a C in that class. It was the reason why my non-science GPA was a lot lower than my sGPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Could you explain how this is a red flag? I don't understand the use of "and" as a conjunction here.
So whole point is that I was doing research in a lab for 3 semesters and decided to take a research course for credit, which was supervised by my PI. Long story short, I half-assed a research report hoping that my PI will be fine with it (he gave off that vibe when I spoke to him). Apparently, he had a few requests from CS majors who wanted to do research in his lab and he didn't want me to gatekeep the position since I wasn't putting in the effort based on the impression of my research report. Once I got kicked off, he was required to give me a grade for the course and I got a C. It may be a red flag since the C is in my transcript under the research course. It affected my non-science GPA and also my cGPA for that year as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think the lab issue is significant. You should add more volunteer hours working with an underserved population.

I don’t think the lab issue is significant. You should add more volunteer hours working with an underserved population.
I was wondering if you have any ideas on how I can get volunteering hours for next cycle. I should have at least 2-4 full days to dedicate to volunteering from January onwards. Right now I am volunteering with Habitat for Humanity for about 1-2 times a month.

Food bank, homeless shelter, prison

I was wondering if you have any ideas on how I can get volunteering hours for next cycle. I should have at least 2-4 full days to dedicate to volunteering from January onwards. Right now I am volunteering with Habitat for Humanity for about 1-2 times a month.
SDN Activity Finder. What are you doing with H4H? Do you just activate building houses, or do you work for their ReStore shop?

SDN Activity Finder. What are you doing with H4H? Do you just activate building houses, or do you work for their ReStore shop?
Mainly attending builds. I worked for their ReStore shop in college.