WAMC// 3.86 cGPA 3.7sGPA 502 MCAT MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiepremed300

Reaction score
I applied only TMDSAS schools this past cycle and got 2 interviews, 1 WL offer but am planning on reapplying TMDSAS and AAMC.

3.86 cGPA
3.70 sGPA
502 MCAT
900 hours of clinical research assistant position
-classified this as research last time but think I will classify as healthcare this cycle since my main job was patient interaction
1,000 hours of medical assistant position in allergy clinic (obviously healthcare activity, this is new since last cycle)
Low shadowing hours (~25 hours)

What are my chances and what schools should I apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

I think your reapplication if needed should be to TMDSAS and AACOMAS.
The 502 MCAT will put you out of the running for most OOS MD schools, sorry to say.

Reactions: 1 users
You should apply mostly DO and Texas MD unless you’re planning to retake the MCAT.

Its already harder for Texans to get into MD OOS and the MCAT is low for a lot of MDs

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to your TMDSAS MD and DO schools and also consider these DO schools:
UIWSOM
OSU-COM
TUNCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
WCU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
WVSOM

Reactions: 1 user
I think your reapplication if needed should be to TMDSAS and AACOMAS.
The 502 MCAT will put you out of the running for most OOS MD schools, sorry to say.
Should have included- planning to retake mcat in July. Would that be too late for schools to take into consideration this cycle?

Should have included- planning to retake mcat in July. Would that be too late for schools to take into consideration this cycle?
No, but be very sure you enter the date of your planned retake on the TMDSAS app so schools will know to look for a new score.