WAMC 3.95 GPA, 515 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podiumman999

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are fine to apply in June but accumulate 150 hours in the food bank. Remove the SUNYs since they admit few non residents with no connection to the state. You could keep Dartmouth and Emory from your reach list. You could add any of these schools:
Vermont
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Your DO list is good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can one of your ED docs write an LOR for you? You might not need a ton of shadowing but other specialties will help you.

Why do you want to wait again?
Yes I am working on getting one of the doctors I work with to write one for me.

As for thinking about waiting, I am having a very difficult time writing my PS. I feel like I am starting to realize that I do not have a lot of experiences being directly involved in patient care or meaningfully interacting with patients and I have a pretty big gap in terms of EC's from 2022-2023. The meaningful clinical experience has been scribing in the ER that have shaped my views of why I want to pursue medicine, but writing about them feels less impactful because my role as a scribe is pretty passive/observational. Maybe I am being neurotic/doing too much comparing from what I've seen online and I need to just think of a different approach to my PS though.

Last edited:
You are fine to apply in June but accumulate 150 hours in the food bank. Remove the SUNYs since they admit few non residents with no connection to the state. You could keep Dartmouth and Emory from your reach list. You could add any of these schools:
Vermont
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Your DO list is good.

I won't have 150 hours by applying, but I enjoy doing it so I will have ~140 anticipated hours depending on when I submit my primary.

Thank you for your list suggestion! I feel like I have a decent connection to NY as half my family lives there. So would still recommend removing the SUNY's?

I won't have 150 hours by applying, but I enjoy doing it so I will have ~140 anticipated hours depending on when I submit my primary.

Thank you for your list suggestion! I feel like I have a decent connection to NY as half my family lives there. So would still recommend removing the SUNY's?
Yes, family living there is not a connection for medical school admissions.

Reactions: 1 user