WAMC 505 mcat and 3.99 BCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigh24

Reaction score
What are my realistic chances? I took the Mcat in Janurary and got a 505. Retook in June and got a 502. I have good ECs with lots of volunteering and clinical experience. I have a 3.99 GPA with only 1 A- in all of college. I am very worried about this upcoming cycle. I have applied to 20 DO and 10 MDs as of now. Can anyone give me realistic advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence ? Which schools did you apply to ?
I am currently an ohio resident but grew up and was born in Michigan. The DO school I applied to are

A.T. Still University - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine

A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona

Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University

Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Louisiana Campus

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine

Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Bradenton Campus

Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) Long Island (Old Westbury NY) and NYITCOM at Arkansas State University (Jonesboro AR)
Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine/PCOM South Georgia

William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine–New York

The MD schools are CMU, Howard, Indiana, Louisville, Wayne State, Michigan State, LSU, NEOMED, UTOLEDO, UMKC, Wright state, Minnesota, Oakland Beaumont.

Do not bother with the secondary for Howard. Also skip the secondaries for UMKC, LSU, Louisville and Minnesota since they admit very few non residents with your MCAT scores and no connection to the state. You should receive several interviews from your DO list. You could add MU-COM, UP-KYCOM and WVSOM.
You could add these MD schools:
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
West Virginia

Do not bother with the secondary for Howard. Also skip the secondaries for UMKC, LSU, Louisville and Minnesota since they admit very few non residents with your MCAT scores and no connection to the state. You should receive several interviews from your DO list. You could add MU-COM, UP-KYCOM and WVSOM.
You could add these MD schools:
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
West Virginia
Thank you!
Would you say that I have a chance at some of those MD schools. Also, do MD schools consider my higher mcat score. How much will my new score hurt my application? I have good EC, shadowing, and clinical experience.

Many schools will average your scores. You could receive MD interviews but it is not possible to predict which schools will offer you an interview. Your state public schools are where your best chances are for interviews.

Reactions: 1 user