WAMC and Help with School list: 3.60, 3.41 BCP, 499: 125/121/126/127, 7509 clinical exp, 1 abstract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3birds

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Please see below information for this forum. The schools I am thinking about are below along with info as a candidate.
Any other suggestions and schools that I should take off this list would be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to offer this help, as I don't have an advisor!

UNE
ASTU-KCOM
(Kirksville) email confirmation that at the time I thought sGPA was 3.45, but will review a3.45 and 499 later in their cycle
ACOM (Alabama)- emailed and their secondary cutoff is 498
ICOM (Idaho) emailed and encouraged to apply although I don't meet 35 percentile for CARS
Kansas COM
LECOM
Lake Erie
LMU-DCOM and LMU-DCOM Knox DeBusk and Knoxville location
(NYITCOM) NY Inst of Tech
NSU-PKCOM
(Florida)
PCOM (all)
(RVUCOM-CO) Rocky Vista
William and Carey
(CUSOM)
Cambell
(VCOM) Edward, all but interested in Virgina Campus
Touro- admin email said not to apply with my mcat

1. cGPA: 3.60 sGPA:3.41 (BCP: AACOMAS) TREND AT 3.4 (B+ CONSTANT)
  2. 499: 125/121/126/127
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): New York
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: state school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): (7509 hours total paidincluding crc projected) LNA 320, Personal Care Assistant 309, Medical Assistant 1920, Clinical Research Coordinator (3520, projected: 4960)
    1. Non-paid: 246 hospital volunteer (90) and clinical research in undergrad
  7. Research experience and productivity: 1 abstract AmSocClinOncology; 1 poster (American Association for Cancer Research Conference NON PRESENTER); 1 projected abstract
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 51 (Internal med-16; ED-12, Cardiology-5, PM&R-8; Neurology-4, Geriatric 4; Oncology-2)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 279 (kid mentor, university health club, community gardening)
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. Gap year (3): Medical assistant + Clinical research coordinator + all research experiences + hospital volunteer
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Departmental Honors for my major, Spanish Honor Society Dean’s List freshman Fall, Trustee’s scholarship
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
    1. Nontrad student: Non-science major, public health-like major
      1. Spanish minor, intermediate level fluency
(For consideration, but to a small degree; I am looking for the most comprehensive list)
  1. Interested in having own direct primary care clinic in future// or clinical research
  2. Schools that are forward thinking in adding nutrition/dietetics in curriculum
  3. Schools with external community service clinics
  4. Schools that are very involved in their communities
  5. Early involvement in shadowing/ in-service/ learning in clinics
  6. OMM heavy
  7. Interested in Christian schools

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UNECOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
NYIT-AR
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
ARCOM
ICOM
Touro-Montana
RVU-Montana
BCOM
BUCOM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
Orlando (when it opens)
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the498 to 502 range so you should receive interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, very much!! I hadn’t come across some in my search!!