MD WAMC? cGPA 3.21 sGPA 3.16 with 516 MCAT with strong upward trend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WAMC?

• Not a chance in hell - there's always overseas...

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Maybe low tier is best tier?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • You may actually get a decent look from some schools.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

sbrou23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was not the best of students when I was younger and I would definitely be considered a non-traditional student at this point. Long story short, I've gone back, taken a decent amount of coursework and have a STRONG upward trend.

Post-Bacc trend - 58 hours (almost all medically related, but not all BCMP) total cGPA 3.91 and 32 hours science with sGPA 3.94 - my MCAT is 516 with 131 in both science sections. (Oh and P.S. much of my hard bio/science courses were taken in this most recent batch of hours)

I'm throwing some absolute hail mary's to some decent schools, but WAMC at mid to low tier schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So your AMCAS GPAs are 3.21 and 3.16? I would think your upward trend would be helpful if you choose schools wisely. You need to find schools that reward reinvention. Schools that will look at your application before rejecting you. If a school has filters set you might not meet the auto reject level with your GPAs. How are your ECs? How do you think your LORs are? Where have you submitted applications? Are you URM? Are you considering DO schools at all?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I can tell you from personal experience that your chances at MD are virtually 0.

So, I was not the best of students when I was younger and I would definitely be considered a non-traditional student at this point. Long story short, I've gone back, taken a decent amount of coursework and have a STRONG upward trend.

Post-Bacc trend - 58 hours (almost all medically related, but not all BCMP) total cGPA 3.91 and 32 hours science with sGPA 3.94 - my MCAT is 516 with 131 in both science sections. (Oh and P.S. much of my hard bio/science courses were taken in this most recent batch of hours)

I'm throwing some absolute hail mary's to some decent schools, but WAMC at mid to low tier schools?

58 hours is pretty significant... that's over an extra years worth of classes. However, is your 3.21 gpa your original graduating gpa or after including the 3.9 from your post bacc? Because if thats after then you must have really screwed the pooch in undergrad lol... You might have to take another ~30 or so units of straight A's to completely redeem yourself. (MD schools want to see 2 years of consistent A's if you royally messed up in undergrad)

MCAT score is excellent.

Reactions: 1 user