WAMC...First time poster, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted913661

E

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say without your volunteering, clinical, MCAT score (!)...

Reactions: 2 users
Hard to say without your volunteering, clinical, MCAT score (!)...

Exactly.

The question right now isn't "what are my chances?" The question for you right now is "what should I do to ensure I have a solid app, provided my MCAT score is decent enough?" It's a fine line, but a distinction nonetheless.

Your downward trend in GPA is not going to look good. As for:
Classes only seem to be getting harder and I'm doing my best to get As but I can only do so much...
It only gets worse from here.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a downward trend

Don't make excuses. A downward trend is never good. Ever.

In addition, a B at Berkeley supposedly has quite a bit of weight. And I should think that my As therefore come with some meaning as well.
A B at Berkeley = 3.0
A B at U of MN = 3.0
A B at Podunk Uni in Middle North Dakota = 3.0

The AMCAS service does not give bonus points for a seemingly "higher ranking school" ...

Spend some time here and read the threads. There is a lot of good information (and some that you should just plain ignore).

3.7 is still a good GPA. Be proactive and try to figure out what you can do to perform better. Berkeley's a tough school, but you will need to do well.

A strong MCAT score (512+) and a 3.7 from Berkeley will probably be accepted provided you have your boxes ticked.