WAMC/ Need help with school list MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neeneeie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I am new to the forums. Hoping to figure out how to improve and come up with a school list.
  1. 3.95 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA
  2. 512 Mcat
  3. PA
  4. White
  5. Pennslyvania State University
  6. 100 Hospital volunteering, 100 hospice volunteering, 500+ Scribe hours
  7. No research
  8. 30 hours internal medicine, 20 hours emergency, 10 hours OBGYN
  9. 150 hours food bank, 200 crisis text line, 50 hours meal delivery to elders

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome! In order for SDN experts to help you come up with a school list, your post needs to include more information.

Do you want to go to the West Coast or stay in PA? Are you a new applicant or reapplicant? Taking a gap year? Are you willing to go to DO schools? What is your story - why medicine? Some schools like service to the community, some emphasize rural medicine, etc. Read some other WAMC threads and see what kind of information members give.

Get MSAR and look at schools with a median GPA and MCAT near yours. You can also use LizzyM or WedgeDawg numerical ratings to target some schools. Use these to formulate your first draft list. Many schools won't look at you without research, but MSAR can help you find schools that accept students without research.

You've read WedgeDawg's WAMC template post, but read the red bolded text. You need to do some work yourself and come up with a tentative list. Then post it and you'll get much better feedback. Read:

Ideally, get a bit more in-person non-clinical volunteering in before you apply. You have adequate clinical hours and shadowing for an application, but many applicants have much more. I don't know if you have time to get some research in before applying. I suspect that if you get a just a few hours of research in, schools will just think you're checking a box.

Does your undergraduate school have premed advising? If so, what have they recommended?

Good luck to you.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth Geisinger
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany