WAMC: ORM, cGPA 3.89, sGPA 3.88, 501 MCAT, MI resident, 4 year college athlete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Francisco11

Reaction score
  1. cGPA 3.89 sGPA 3.88
  2. 501 (125/124/126/126)
  3. Michigan Resident
  4. ORM - Filipino/White American
  5. Small liberal arts college in MI (Hope College)
  6. Scribe at orthopedics clinic with 200 hours thus far...2,500 anticipated. 40 hours ER volunteer.
  7. 200 hours in neurochemistry lab, 200 hours in animal behavior lab...one poster presentation in each, no pub
  8. 50 some hours shadowing General surgeon, PM&R, and OMM (All DO's).
  9. 10 ish hours community service impact team for semi-pro soccer team.
  10. 4 year collegiate soccer player (D2 and D3)...Semi-professional soccer player...Was involved in a social justice project through my schools and a local Latin American organization (One presentation out of it)
  11. MCAT serious concern I know, 5 straight practice exams in the 512-516 range so I feel like I seriously under-performed.
School List:
Michigan State College of Human Medicine
University of Michigan School of Medicine
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences

Michigan State COM
NYITCOM
Philadelphia COM (Philadelphia campus only)
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine in California (TUCOM)
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (COMP)
California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

Need advice on if I should just re-apply next cycle and boost MCAT since my practice scores were in a much higher range than my actual one turned out to be (All practices leading up to real one in 512-516 range...501 on the real one). MD schools might be a stretch at this point but what other ones should I add if I do try MD's? Or should I just send it DO route. Have no problem doing so...father is a DO OMM doc. I am already slated for one gap year and would REALLY not want to do another one.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's unclear that you have any nonclinical service orientation community service. Your application is at risk of getting screened out unless you have something.
Sorry yes, I have been apart of some. I was apart of a community service project that worked with a non-profit to give underrepresented community members a platform to voice their opinions. Another one through semi-pro soccer team, helping out around home town (park cleanup and youth soccer coaching), and general youth soccer through college team.

Sorry yes, I have been apart of some. I was apart of a community service project that worked with a non-profit to give underrepresented community members a platform to voice their opinions. Another one through semi-pro soccer team, helping out around home town (park cleanup and youth soccer coaching), and general youth soccer through college team.
You need at least 150 hours to avoid being screened out. I can't see this being over 100 total, but I could be wrong.