Dental WAMC Pre December Interviews - no acceptance in Dec 1 round , WAMC for Dec15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I had interview in mid October for UMD but didn't hear back in the Dec 1 cycle. What are my chances for December 15th. If I don't hear Dec 1 does it mean file closed?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

I had interview in mid October but didn't hear back in the Dec 1 cycle. What are my chances for December 15th. If I don't hear Dec 1 does it mean file closed?

— Experts please respond to this post —
I'm not sure what happens specifically on December 15, but I can likely say that it's not over yet. Not everyone who gets an offer on December 1 accepts it, so the next 30 days or so will help the admissions team determine how many open seats are still left for the next round of offers that go out. If Dec 15 is when the school sends out their next round of offers, then hopefully you'll get good news then.

Every school is different; some schools will let everyone who interviewed (at least through October) about where they stand: offer extended, offer waitlist, hold/continued review, or rejected. Others just worry about offers and rejections. I know the AADSAS status doesn't always help since not all schools use the AADSAS portal to update their applicants.

I would sit tight and wait. As Mr.Smile said, not everyone can accept their offer so schools will send out more, including UMD. If you want, you can also send them a letter of intent demonstrating your commitment to the school should they offer you a seat. These have occasionally been known to work in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with all of my colleagues. We had a kid who got accepted to our dental school in August because someone dropped out. Our school starts in August btw

Status
Not open for further replies.