WAMC & School List: 3.72 cGPA, 3.62 sGPA, 521 MCAT, ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yhilp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The shadowing is maybe the only thing that sticks out as an issue, but you have a ton of clinical hours. It may help checking out some informational interviews (including those recorded by HPSA/SDN) or "virtual shadowing" to get a better variety of the different specialties that you haven't had exposure to. (In other words, not emergency med). I do wish you luck on that HPSP application, knowing about your options once you begin medical school.

The shadowing is maybe the only thing that sticks out as an issue, but you have a ton of clinical hours. It may help checking out some informational interviews (including those recorded by HPSA/SDN) or "virtual shadowing" to get a better variety of the different specialties that you haven't had exposure to. (In other words, not emergency med). I do wish you luck on that HPSP application, knowing about your options once you begin medical school.
Thank you for the advice! Since I wrote this post, I found something concrete with a radiation oncologist. Grateful to have something beyond emergency medicine that's for sure. I'll pursue some virtual shadowing as well to broaden my specialty exposure as well. I've added a school list as I keep researching, I would really appreciate some additional input from @Faha or @chilly_md . Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don’t have a significant tie to SC, don’t apply to MUSC. Similarly, Buffalo takes few OOS residents without a tie to the area. You have excellent chances at Campbell, so don’t apply to LUCOM. If you do want to submit AACOMAS, you can add VCOM and PCOM. I suggest the following for MD:

UNC
Duke
ECU
Wake Forest
Emory
Einstein
Georgetown
Uniformed Services University
Dartmouth
Hofstra
WUSTL
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Western Michigan
Miami
USF
Ohio State
Cincinnati
UVA
VCU
EVMS
Rochester
Tufts
Creighton
Keck
Colorado
Iowa

If you don’t have a significant tie to SC, don’t apply to MUSC. Similarly, Buffalo takes few OOS residents without a tie to the area. You have excellent chances at Campbell, so don’t apply to LUCOM. If you do want to submit AACOMAS, you can add VCOM and PCOM. I suggest the following for MD:

UNC
Duke
ECU
Wake Forest
Emory
Einstein
Georgetown
Uniformed Services University
Dartmouth
Hofstra
WUSTL
Vanderbilt