WAMC/School List (3.91 uGPA, 4.0 mGPA, 503 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jacob_Barnard

Reaction score
Hello, I am reapplying for this upcoming cycle. I am in my Masters in Medical Biotechnology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. I am originally from Arizona but have lived in Illinois the past 5 years for school. I will graduate from my Masters program in December 2023.

Stats: 3.91 undergraduate GPA, currently have a 4.0 in my masters program.

I have accumulated 3000+ hours as an EMT. I have 100 hours of clinical volunteer experience and around 100 hours of non-clinical volunteer experience which I have been continuing during my masters.

I am currently doing my research project and will be presenting in 2 different conferences: AACR, and Gary Khruhl. I hope to have a publication in the next month or so.

I got a 503 on my MCAT in January while studying for my masters and research project with a 126, 121, 127, 129 breakdowns. I know my score is relatively low and it is my biggest concern. Any advice on schools to apply to or how I should approach my application as a reapplicant would be greatly appreciated.

Schools I am thinking to apply to are:

MD

Ohio State

UoA Phoenix

UoA Tuscon

UIC

Colorado

Wake Forest

Indiana University

Wisconsin University

University of Pittsburgh

Missouri

New Mexico University

DO

LECOM

AT Still (MO and AZ)

Midwestern (IL and AZ)

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools did you apply to previously? Any interviews ? What was your MCAT score when you applied previously ?

Last edited:
Provide the details of your experience in our template format

Members don't see this ad :)
UA PHX is interested in applicants with much higher MCAT scores. Do you speak Spanish for UA Tucson? UNM is very OOS unfriendly unless you are Native American or attended high school there. Need to add more DO schools or retake your MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Which schools did you apply to previously? Any interviews ? What was your MCAT score when you applied previously ?
I applied to Ohio state, Wake Forest and UoA Tuscon previously from this list, with a waitlist at UoA Tuscon. I will admit the schools I applied to the first time were reach schools because at the time I did not have my MCAT score when I sent in my application. I got a 498 on my MCAT previously but no interviews. I did talk to the admission counselors for UoA and they said my weakest link for them was my MCAT and research experience

UA PHX is interested in applicants with much higher MCAT scores. Do you speak Spanish for UA Tucson? UNM is very OOS unfriendly unless you are Native American or attended high school there. Need to add more DO schools or retake your MCAT.
I speak some spanish but not fluently and I will be adding many more DO schools just haven't looked into other ones just yet!

The majority of the MD schools on your list are unrealistic with your MCAT scores. You are competitive for many DO schools and I suggest these:
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
MU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
NYITCOM
For MD schools you could try these:
UIC
Loyola
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
TCU
Creighton
NOVA MD
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Belmont (when it opens)
Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.