WAMC/School list: 4.0/527, International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WillStorm

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a junior looking to apply in the next cycle and wanted some feedback, mainly on my extracurriculars, and whether I would be competitive as an international applicant! All hours are those projected out to May of 2023, when I'll start applying. Thank you in advance for any input!
  1. GPA: 4.0
  2. MCAT: 527 (131, 132, 132, 132)
  3. Residence: Indian citizen, but have lived/studied in the US for most of my life
  4. Ethnicity: ORM
  5. Undergraduate institution: Decent state school in Georgia - Biology, Computer Science double major
  6. Clinical experience:
    1. Leadership/scribing role in free clinic (250 hours)
  7. Research:
    1. 1000 hours as undergrad researcher doing computational genetics research. Heavy emphasis on data science, statistics, and gene interactions. First author manuscript in the works, high chance of publishing before or during Summer 2023
    2. Independent Project with nephrologist to analyze patient data for risk factors - National + State level poster presentation + Award for best in show at state level (150 hours) - First author
    3. Independent metanalysis on arthritis treatments - National level poster presentation (50 hours) - First author
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. 60 hours family practice in low-income medically underserved area
    2. 20 hours nephrology
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. 150 hours of math tutoring to middle school children w/ possible leadership role by graduation
    2. 150 hours of working at homeless shelter foodbank
  10. Other extracurricular activities:
    1. Competed in/won Hackathons for computer science projects
    2. Intramural sports competitor, weekly practices for 2 years + 3x semifinalists in various sports
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    1. Research grant - 1k per semester
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important:
    1. I'm aiming for a software development internship with a biotech/medical software company for over the summer and have a good chance of obtaining one
School List:
As an international applicant, I plan to apply to almost every school that will accept my application.
TCU
Boston University
Case Western
Columbia
Duke
Emory
South Alabama
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Harvard
Mt. Sinai
Johns Hopkins
NYU
Northwestern
Rutgers
Stanford
Brown
Tufts
SLU
WUSTL
UPenn
Tulane
UCLA
UCD
UChicago
Colorado
Connecticutt
UNC
Pitt
UVA
Vanderbilt
Cornell
Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Invest in MSAR and remove schools where fewer than 3 international students matriculated.

Off the bat, I can say TCU (service-oriented and small class size), South Alabama, UCD, Connecticut, and UNC should be removed. They take very few OOS students and it is unlikely they would accept any international students unless they are from the area or attended the undergrad institution.