WAMC/School List Help: ORM cGPA 3.90, MCAT 509 Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BagChaser85

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • WAMC/School List Help: ORM cGPA 3.90, MCAT 509 GA resident Reapp
  • Stats: cGPA: 3.90, sGPA: 3.88, MCAT: 506 (129/125/128/124) 509 (127,124,129,129), Bio major
  • Residence: GA, E01 designation
  • Ethnicity: ORM
  • Undergraduate Institution: Top State UG
  • Clinical experience: Clinical Optometrist Technician and Optician (1200 hrs paid) Hospital Volunteer (100 hrs)
  • Nonclinical volunteering: Syrian Refugee Tutor and tutor coordinator (420 hours) Local Middle School math tutor (30 hrs) Various Food Drives (20 hrs)
  • Research: 800 hours in a chemistry lab with projects focused on biomedical imaging. no presentations or publications. (proj. 1600 hours in Pediatric Neuro-oncology lab)
  • Shadowing: 150 hours in various specialties
  • EC: Doctors without Borders Student Org, IM soccer and Basketball, Alpha Epsilon Delta Honors Society(Philanthropy Chair), Exam Proctor(paid job), President of Paper Airplanes( A Syrian Refugee English tutoring org) at undergrad,
  • LoRs: 1 from a research PI/STEM Prof, 1 from Physician, 1 from STEM Prof(also the associate Dean of my college but I'm not sure if this matters), and 1 non-STEM Prof

Background:
Last cycle, I only applied to MCG and Mercer and am currently WL at both. I learned my lesson and now am trying to develop a school list. My gap year is going to be spent full-time as a Research Tech at a new lab.

So far I am thinking of applying to:
MCG(already applied)
Mercer
Tulane
UCF
Med South Carolina
Emory
Einstein
Dartmouth
Sidney Kimmel
NOVA Southeast
UConn
St. Louis
USC South Carolina
Ohio State
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
Georgetown

Any advice helps. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi Faha my new MCAT was a 509.
I suggest these schools with your stats and ECs:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
Tulane
NOVA MD
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Since you are a reapplicant you should also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
NOVA
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
Most of the schools on your list are unrealistic with a MCAT of 506. Post your new score here when available and I will suggest schools.
In the hypothetical case that my MCAT score is not any better than a 506, what are some suggestions for Low MCAT schools that you have based on my ECs, gpa, etc? I am open to applying DO as well. Thanks!

And be aware that many schools average multiple scores. Until you have your new score it is pointless to develop,a list.
How have you significantly improved this app or your last one?

Members don't see this ad :)
And be aware that many schools average multiple scores. Until you have your new score it is pointless to develop,a list.
How have you significantly improved this app or your last one
I wanted to develop a list so I can begin pre writing some secondaries for schools I will apply to if 506 is my best score. I understand it’s pointless, but just wanted to try and get a head start on secondaries. I guess I’ll hold off on developing a list until 7/6 when I get my new score.

My last application was during my last year of undergrad and since I essentially just graduated undergrad and gained more hours in my clinical job. Last cycle, I only applied to two schools so I will be a first time applicant to pretty much every school.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest:
Albany
EVMS
GWU
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
MCW
NEOMED
Oakland-B
Rosy Franklin
Rush
Temple
Tulane
U VM
U WI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Your state school(s).
Any DO program. I can't recommend LMU, SOMA, ARCOM, RVU, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible. And yes, you need DO schools on your list.

I wanted to develop a list so I can begin pre writing some secondaries for schools
As a reapplicant, you already have your past drafts and essays so this isn't so hard other than having to write new essays. You can start there until you get your MCAT score. The usual geographic strategy should not change (much).

Hi Faha my new MCAT was a 509.
I suggest these schools with your stats and ECs:
Medical College Georgia
Mercer
Tulane
NOVA MD
TCU
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Since you are a reapplicant you should also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
PCOM (all schools)
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
NOVA
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
NYITCOM