WAMC / School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schwarzy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking to finalize my school list before it's time to submit primaries, and I was a bit unsure about what I have so far. I appreciate any help that you all can give me, and I'm happy to elaborate about things in the comments!

I'm not sure how to format the info about me, so I borrowed the template from another post.

State: OH

School: T15, Trad Applicant

ORM? Asian, Filipino (??), Low-SES, AAMC Fee Asst Program

Major: Biochemistry

GPA: cGPA- 3.95 sGPA - 3.98

MCAT: 522 (131/130/130/131)

ECs:

Clinical Paid =

This summer, Counselor at a summer camp for kids with diabetes, will have around 150-200 hours at time of application with around 1000 by the end of the summer.

Clinical Volunteering =

208 hours volunteering at hospital (various roles throughout: PACU, CIU, Pre-Op, Pediatric Outpatient PT/OT/ST)

195 hours serving at clinics run by sisters in parishes throughout Bangladesh (more on that below)

Leadership=

Co-President of a club that works to create opportunities for individuals with IDD. We host all kinds of events and facilitate one-on-one friendships, can go into more detail if desired. (around 250 hours)

200 hours mentoring younger students in research lab

Research =

960 hrs (no pubs, one poster) - Synthetic Bio research in Human Performance with the US Air Force. Can't go into much more detail unfortunately.

Service =

575 hours - Summer service learning program in Bangladesh, primarily centered around education and pastoral assistance. Taught english and math to elementary/middle school-level kids in a few different parishes. Also included 195 hours of clinical experience.

254 hrs - volunteering for the program I later became Co-Pres for (mentioned above).

50 hrs - volunteering at various areas in my hometown (food pantry, housing renovation, etc.)

Shadowing =

50 hrs gen surg, 45 hrs orthopedic surg, looking to possibly add some endocrine / primary care this summer

PS focus: Brief discussion of a rare endocrine condition I have, with the focus being on compassion and how I've witnessed its transformative power in several different ways (through exps as both patient and someone caring for patients).

School List (alphabetical, 28 schools):

Arizona - Phoenix

Case Western

Columbia

Creighton

Emory

Georgetown

Harvard

Indiana

Johns Hopkins

Loyola Chicago

Mayo

Northwestern

NYU Grossman

Ohio State

Pitt

Stanford

St. Louis U

Thomas Jefferson

U Chicago

U Michigan

U of Cincinnati

U of Toledo

U Penn

UVA

Vanderbilt

WashU

Wright State

Yale

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you emphasize your community service in the United States, and you will get attention.
Noted, thank you! Sorry to ask a follow-up from you, but I've heard from some others that the list is a bit top-heavy. Would you agree with that? What schools might I be leaving out that I should be looking into more closely? Some things that are important to me are a relatively collaborative (at least non-toxic) environment, need-based finaid, and not being terribly far from family in OH (some family in Phoenix, but for the most part looking more east than west).