WAMC/School List, Mid stats, High EC's, URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helloworld172

Reaction score
Hello, need some help refining my school list and overall application. Thank you so much for all of the help and any recommendations you might have for me.
  1. cGPA=3.73 and sGPA=3.56
  2. 508 (129, 124, 128, 127) CARS is not a friend :(
  3. New Mexico residency from rural area
  4. Hispanic
  5. Went to undergrad at the University of New Mexico
  6. 3,050 hours by time of application working as a wound care tech at an underserved hospital
  7. 3,600 hours of research experience. 1,600 hours working in a microbio lab and 2,000 in a chemistry lab. 3 current publications and 3 poster presentations
  8. 120 hours shadowing primary in underserved rural areas, 8 hours shadowing oncologist, and 50 hours shadowing orthopedic surgeon
  9. 600 hours Volunteering freshman-senior year for an organization that raises money for a children's hospital and served in a variety of leadership roles. Worked within the student government for 2 years in volunteer based positions (500 hours). Other volunteering with food banks and other orgs (100 hours).
  10. Student manager for tutoring center (550 hours). Supplemental instruction leader for O chem 1 and general chemistry/biology tutor (900 hours). Was an orientation leader for a summer (600 hours). Also worked at target (1,000 hours)!
  11. Also including mountain biking as a hobby!
Not sure what else to add or remove from my list but so far I have:
UNM, CU Denver, Anne Burnett Marion TCU, Georgetown, Rush, Medical College of Wisconsin, Tulane, Drexel, Keck, George Washington

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When did you graduate? Do you have other nonclinical community service that is not associated with education or Healthcare?
I graduated May 2022 so I’ll have two gap years by time of applying. I had some non clinical community service with a food bank and an org that supported homeless youth for about 100 hours total!

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated May 2022 so I’ll have two gap years by time of applying. I had some non clinical community service with a food bank and an org that supported homeless youth for about 100 hours total!
Ok. Push to get 150 hours. Any networking with your state school and schools that host AHECs will help. Connect with LMSA chapter officers.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
New Mexico
Colorado
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
TCU
Creighton
Tulane
Miami
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown