WAMC/School List: ORM, 4.0 sGPA, 3.95cGPA, 510 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shankaaron

Reaction score
PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS MESSAGE
4.0sGPA, 3.95cGPA from a small liberal arts college

510 MCAT (127,124,128,131)

Clinical Experience

800 hours over 2 years scribing and taking patient vitals in the emergency department.

Going to start volunteering at a hospice, so maybe 50 hours by the time I apply. Will continue until matriculation so I'll project hours.

40 hours IM shadowing

Research

500 hours across 2 summers of research (1 summer was psych, another of bench neuro). 2 posters that my name was listed on, but I didn’t present so I won’t be listing myself as a presenter.

Community Service

1500 hours (current gap year position) National Health Corps (Americorps) as an advocate at a medical legal partnership for the chronically ill and disabled. I help screen clients for health harming legal needs, conduct outreach, and assist with public benefits applications. Outside of the legal clinic, I help organize monthly service projects with other nonprofits around the city with our NHC cohort.

Leadership

600 hours as an embedded tutor leading group workshops in STEM classes over 4 semesters.

140 hours across 2 summers as a mentor for incoming STEM freshman, helping them get acclimated to college and leading community building activities like introductory science labs and group projects.

Awards

Deans list every semester of college, summa cum laude, and winning most outstanding senior in my major.

Random

Worked at the school library for 2 years (500 hours), just an on campus job since I had to pay for my remaining tuition balance that financial aid did not cover.

School List- This is where I need the most help. I have FAP and did not add any T20s in my current list due to my MCAT. I'm not sure if it is worth it or not to put some more schools.

MD
Albany, MCW, Rush, Oakland, Toledo, Tulane, UIC, Drexel, Geisenger, Temple, Penn St, Rosalind Franklin, George Washington, Loyola, Wake Forest, Wisconsin Madison, Wayne State, Thomas Jefferson, QuinnipacTufts, UCLA, Ohio State, Cinci, SLU,

DO
CCOM, PCOM, KCUCOM, NYITCOM, Rowan SOM, DMU

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Toledo, Geisinger, Ohio State and UCLA admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UIC
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU
Belmont
Tulane
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Alice Walton (when if opens)
You have a good DO list.

Toledo, Geisinger, Ohio State and UCLA admit few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UIC
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU
Belmont