WAMC + School List Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haute

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Penn State likely won’t offer an interview since they think you will end up matriculating elsewhere.

You have a good list and should receive multiple interviews. I suggest adding:

Ohio State
Cincinnati
WUSTL
Hofstra
Vanderbilt
Miami
Yale

Understood! I cannot add Hofstra and Yale due to a certain issue with AP credits and physics prerequisites, but I have already emailed the admissions offices to get their thoughts on my situation. I would like to apply to around 35-40ish schools, do you think I have any shot at places like JHU, Penn, Columbia, Mayo, Harvard and NYU?

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Understood! I cannot add Hofstra and Yale due to a certain issue with AP credits and physics prerequisites, but I have already emailed the admissions offices to get their thoughts on my situation. I would like to apply to around 35-40ish schools, do you think I have any shot at places like JHU, Penn, Columbia, Mayo, Harvard and NYU?

I think you can be more selective and save some money by not applying to so many schools. Unless there is something specific about your mission fit, you have a good shot at many schools but what separates you in terms of your purpose as a future physician? Where do you want to be working in 10 years?

Thanks for your reply!

[edited for privacy]

Last edited:

You can add whichever of those places you like. 35 schools is likely unnecessary as Mr. Smile said. If you don’t want to move to the opposite coast, you could take out the CA schools.

bring quality care for terminal illnesses in medically underserved regions ... [basic science research] relevant to viral diseases and I would like to use the skills I developed there to better support my mission

It may be hard to breach anonymity, but do you have examples for what this quality care looks like? It's hard to provide quality care for terminally ill patients living in regions with plenty of medical resources.

I'm also trying to reconcile the other part of your purpose statement.

It may be hard to breach anonymity, but do you have examples for what this quality care looks like? It's hard to provide quality care for terminally ill patients living in regions with plenty of medical resources.

I'm also trying to reconcile the other part of your purpose statement.
I pm'ed you more information!

Reactions: 1 user