WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medschoolgirl1111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated high school in 2014. And went ECU with a bs biochemistry major. I did alright first semester. Bombed second semester and was on academic probation then fall of 2015 retook 3 classes and a couple of more and bombed and got academically suspended. At the time I was interested in med school. And during the semesters I did I had some pretty serious family issues. (Not that that's an excuse or matters ). So my gpa overall was a 1.6 I then went to a community college for the semester and took my general,chem 1 there I wen track to ecu for second summer session and took my general chem 2 got a c+ 79. Due to my improvement in grades I am allowed to come back to ecu full time. I brought my gpa up but not by much since it was only. 2 classes. I still have those ongoing family and financial issues and because of that financially it would be in my best interest to transfer to UNCC. The problem is even though I did terrible bad those two semesters at ECU I can still graduation time in 2018 with a bs in biochemistry. However UNCC requires 5 more chemist try's then ECU so I would have to do an extra year in order to graduate with my bs. Unless I do a ba in chemistry then I can graduate in 2018 as planned. I know at this point in order to have a shot at med school I'm. Going to have to do a post bacc and get a killer mcat. If I transfer even if I get straight A's I know med school takes the average of all my schools and either way my gpa would average out 2.7-3.0 no matter what. If I go back to ecu I can bring my gpa up to maybe a 3.2 if I get mostly A's and a couple B's. ( I start organic this fall). I need to know if I transfer to UNCC am I putting myself in a way worse chance of getting into med school and should I do ba or bs. Or should I stay at ECU. Please help I have 3 days before I have to let which school know and decide.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to get your family issues fixed first. It doesn't matter if you're going to Harvard or the local CC, you're sabotaging yourself because you need to learn when to triage, and how to cope.

Med school is a long way off as of right now. You need to master college life first.

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro @chemguy79 I've fixed my family issues I'm trying to prepare for fall and get ready so that I can start taking the steps I need to go in the direction I need for medical school at this point I'm going to UNCC and wanted some advice of my chances and what I would need to do for med school

Make friends with the people in the school's learning or education center.

Also, read this book!

Amazon product

@Goro @chemguy79 I've fixed my family issues I'm trying to prepare for fall and get ready so that I can start taking the steps I need to go in the direction I need for medical school at this point I'm going to UNCC and wanted some advice of my chances and what I would need to do for med school