WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allcreatures355

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have a dilemma. I have my bachelors degree in veterinary science and all the pre reqs for vet school from a university. My overall GPA was 2.8. I have clinical experience in small animal/exotic with about 7,000 hours of experience as a veterinary assistant/tech and surgical assistant as well.
I have farm experience as I grew up on a beef farm that was also a dairy farm. I have had two strong vet
recommendations, a genetics professors recommendation, and an advisor (also DVM) recommendation. I have community service and club participation hours. I have some awards such as FFA/4H, small animal preventative care certificate. I feel that my essay is good and very thorough, but I may be wrong. I have applied for 3 VMCAS cycles. First I was rejected from 6 schools, second I was rejected from 4, and then decided this past year to attend LMUs vet biomedical MS program. I got a 2.733 GPA (B, C,A, B, C) the first semester, and this last semester I think I should have minimally a 3.5 (B, B, B, A, A, A) GPA, bringing my masters degree GPA to about a 3.12. 1 applied to two colleges for VMCAS this cycle (third cycle) and was rejected from both schools, including LMU. I don’t know what I should do now. I know I 100% want to go to vet school and will be applying early for VMCAS this cycle. I can't find courses to take equivalent to the two Cs I got last semester (vet anatomy and physiology) without being a degree seeking student and I am hoping to be looked at for Spring LMU admissions. Should I take more courses? Should I focus on more clinical hours? Should I work on something else? I don’t want to attend an international school/island school. I'm very frustrated and lost. Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I think they want you to use this format for convenience
Cumulative GPA:
science GPA:
last 45:

Any degrees achieved

GRE results:
Q/V/W

Veterinary Experience:
-
-
-

Animal Experience:
-
-
-

Research Experience:

Awards/scholarships:

-
-
-

Extracurriculars:
-
-
-

Employment:
-
-
-

Reactions: 1 user
Along with your school list for each cycle applied and which state would be considered your state of residence