Want at it one more time - Study Mcat during year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futbol99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really need a min of 32, and I feel I never gave myself a proper chance of judging my abilities when I approached it wrong. Now, I never studied for MCAT on the side of full time studying before, but I do have experience with the process now, and know what is needed to study is much less than as it was last year starting from almost scratch. My weakness greatly lies in the hands of VERBAL and PHYSICS. However, coming off the summer and now into school, my Bio, orgo, and chemistry are very fresh, I just need to practice it in the context of the MCAT.

What would you recommend the study materials I use for content? (I have both TPR and TBR). I think I am just going to cover all of physics from scratch, but the rest I will learn along the way. Also, where can I get my hands on tons of practice sources? I am planning to also buy all official AAMC stuff: FLs and SA. How should I use my time properly from now to January, including 2 weeks of Christmas break, but probably excluding my finals 2 weeks (beginning of Dec.)? Verbal is the main goal here. I need to start reading on my spare time and make a habit of it...should I read books or news paper or pick up some sociology/psych materials to prepare for the new one? Redo all of TPR and EK101 again? It's been a WHILE so I may have forgotten many passages. Do a couple passages a day? Should I even conisder this plan at all or forget it till 2015 summer? (I don't want to write that beast :()

Thank you for putting up with me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As a fellow blue I wish you all the best of luck .. If you are not taking any classes or have work commitments you should be fine just put in the work, even if you have commitments if you are dedicated you will be fine . I think you already know this but want someone to echo this sentiment to you . Get off this site hit the books and focus completely on the MCATs