want to become a doctor, continue as hobby or stop to code completely?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neartoyou

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SHS graduate. I live outside of US. So i like the logic in programming, but i'm not a pro at all, i learn to code by myself and have create some games and some dynamic websites use c++ and php. BUT, now i decide to choose to become a doctor. And now i confuse.. do you think it is okay for me to code for some time a while, (for example write an app to help doctor in my country), or i should stop to code completely and forget anything about computer science since i want to become a doctor? I don't have any interest to choose career in computer science, but somewhat i just like to code and now i really want to become a doctor.. Thankyou for your advice^^..

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why you would have to stop coding completely.

Programming has been a hobby of mine since 1996 and there are many doctors that like technology.

For my technology obsession, it's not something I talk about except in context of my volunteer work as of the three languages I know I still have to use regularly to volunteer with. (I had to spend about 10 hours in a two day stretch about 2 weeks ago to fix an NPO's website.)

Making medical applications can 1) make an interesting EC, 2) can make a good backup plan in case you don't get in or have to take some additional time off.