want to know where you matched?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nVictus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
using internet explorer or chrome

right-click the page and click View Page Source

press ctrl+f and search "allprograms"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
i think it works! oh my god. i am happy where ever i matched. this place wasnt in my top 3, but still i am so happy to match to this place.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, is this for serious?

we'll see on friday

Last edited:
Yap. I am happy. nVictus you are amazing. how did you find this out?

i was being neurotic and stumbled upon it haha

i did not get my top 3 sadly but im still happy i matched :)

Reactions: 1 users
Any chance that this could be a "match violation"? I'd hate to get this far to screw myself now.

using internet explorer or chrome

right-click the page and click View Page Source

press ctrl+f and search "allprograms"

quoted

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know if this is a "match violation" but it surely sounds bordering to it, even though it seems innocuous. I would say the person who started this thread DELETE this, as it might lead to an opening of a can of worms.

there's a strong chance it could be wrong... but it could be right too ;)

There's no way to really know if it's real until Friday... But I don't know, I think it could very well be real!

How exactly would this be a match violation? Is opening the NRMP website a match violation? That's literally all that occurred here. Not our fault that their coders have no idea what they are doing (and not reassuring that they have a lot of all of our personal information ready to be accessed by anyone with two neurons to rub together).

Reactions: 5 users
Someone needs to quote the OPs first post in case the NRMP goons get him before morn and all traces are lost of him. ;)

Once the mods get the wind of this, this whole thread's gonna be history. Not just OP's post.

I believe this is real guys. The code should have been hidden.

I believe this is real guys. The code should have been hidden.
Yep. A bug that puts out inaccurate programs would be expected to either be everyone's #1 or a random program from the list or something along those lines. The fact that everyone is getting realistic options, some #1 and some a little down the list makes me think this is real and just negligent on the part of the NRMP.

My roommate and I just did this. I got my #2 he got his #3. The code should be hidden. Not our fault.

On the one hand, it seems incredibly unlikely that everyone would have such a random assortment of programs showing through this method if it wasn't real. As someone said above, if it was just some random bug, then you'd expect that we'd all have our #1 programs listed as a filler or some predictable filler program on our lists, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

On the other hand...it seems incredibly unlikely that (a) the programmers of this website would be so careless and (b) that this bug has never been found before and is only able to be exploited this year.

I suppose we'll find out on Friday officially. My hunch, though, is that it's correct -- especially since nobody seems especially shocked at their results. :luck: to everyone anyway!

Got my number #2s advanced and prelim....if it's wrong I just hope I move further up my list LOL...and NOT down

So here's some information gathered from friends.

3 "matched" at their #1 (Peds, IM, Psych)
1 "matched" at his/her #5 (Prelim Surgery.... Primary care/Categorical match e-mails state "you have matched", prelim state something to the extent of "you got a 1 year position"... #5 happened to be the first prelim on the list, making this more consistent with this being accurate information)
1 "matched" at his/her #7 (IM)
1 "matched" at his/her last rank (unknown "last" rank and program type)

Additionally, none had a program they did not rank show up. Also, only one program is listed in all of these peoples source pages. It also clearly didn't just spit out #1 for everyone. On another note, during the script right after "allprograms" it states:

"detailsPopulated":false,

This seems to indicate that the script checks where you matched or if you didn't, then hides it from plain view, but still sends you the information. This should have certainly been hidden by the programmers. They were definitely lazy in this case. Doctors and medical students are by nature a curious bunch, they are prone to being a more tech-savy group, and many people have had previous occupations in the past with IT/Business and even out of curiosity may have browsed how the website was put together. This information is sent directly to everyone's computer who logs into the NRMP website. I believe it's a mistake on their part, that will get fixed as it's spreading like wildfire. I don't believe it's a match violation, but could become one if people are not careful:

"Matched applicants and programs may not contact each other prior to the general announcement of Main Residency Match results at 1:00 p.m. eastern time on Friday of Match Week."

So basically wait till after you get the "official" results before chatting up the program.

Reactions: 1 user
who knows

Last edited:

Last edited:
could mean anything

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Does it still work? Just copied my page source into a word document, not sure if I want to see it yet.

8.0 Match Violations

8.1 NRMP Violations Policies and Procedures

All Main Residency Match participants shall behave in an ethical and responsible manner during the matching process and the Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP), and shall comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. It is the policy of the NRMP to investigate alleged breaches of this Agreement, including but not limited to: failure to provide complete, timely, and accurate information during interview, matching, and SOAP processes; discrepancies in graduation credentials; *********************attempts to *subvert* eligibility requirements, the matching process, or soap******************** ; failure to offer or accept an appointment as required by the results of a Match outcome; and any other irregular behavior or activity that occurs in connection with registration, the submission or modification of a rank order or SOAP preference list, and/or the participant's commitment to honor the Match outcome. Main Residency Match participants shall report to the NRMP any suspected violation of the applicable Match Participation Agreement.

Not sure if it can be considered a 'subversion....of the matching process', but I'd consider waiting until Friday regardless. You've been working toward this for years, and even if it's just 4 more days, well....it's just 4 more days. I never had a fake I'd, so when I turned 21, it made it that much sweeter. My friends that did have them didn't have the same experience, for example.

Per the nrmp site, attempts to subvert the matching process are considered a violation. Not sure if this is a subversion, but I wouldn't even do it. Its 4 more days.

Holy ****, it appears to have worked. Holy ****.

Any chance that this could be a "match violation"? I'd hate to get this far to screw myself now.

In terms of the spirit of the match... probably. But they can't determine who viewed the source code.

I don't think this counts as "subversion" since you don't actually do anything but uncover their mistake... But better to be safe than sorry.

It says I got my #1 so I hope it's right!

I think if this no longer works by this afternoon, it's probably legit.

Last edited:
Nobody can find out that you're viewing the page source anyways.

I will say the fact that not everybody is getting their number 1, makes it extremely likely that this is indeed the real thing.

I hope it is, because I am happy.

On the one hand, it seems incredibly unlikely that everyone would have such a random assortment of programs showing through this method if it wasn't real. As someone said above, if it was just some random bug, then you'd expect that we'd all have our #1 programs listed as a filler or some predictable filler program on our lists, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

On the other hand...it seems incredibly unlikely that (a) the programmers of this website would be so careless and (b) that this bug has never been found before and is only able to be exploited this year.

I suppose we'll find out on Friday officially. My hunch, though, is that it's correct -- especially since nobody seems especially shocked at their results. :luck: to everyone anyway!

National governments and multibillion dollar corporations make careless errors in their web interfaces (and now apps) all the time. This really shouldn't surprise anyone unless you know almost nothing about computers. They don't operate on magic. Considering that the algorithm is likely at least a couple thousand lines of code, there's bound to be a mistake in there. The real question is if it's a relevant mistake that will lead to an error (as it did in this case) for the end-user.

I think if this still works by this afternoon, it's probably legit.
They would have to be crazy to change the code right now... you never know what may happen and everybody know their match rank by now so who cares... they have a time until next year.

8.0 Match Violations

8.1 NRMP Violations Policies and Procedures

All Main Residency Match participants shall behave in an ethical and responsible manner during the matching process and the Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP), and shall comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. It is the policy of the NRMP to investigate alleged breaches of this Agreement, including but not limited to: failure to provide complete, timely, and accurate information during interview, matching, and SOAP processes; discrepancies in graduation credentials; *********************attempts to *subvert* eligibility requirements, the matching process, or soap******************** ; failure to offer or accept an appointment as required by the results of a Match outcome; and any other irregular behavior or activity that occurs in connection with registration, the submission or modification of a rank order or SOAP preference list, and/or the participant's commitment to honor the Match outcome. Main Residency Match participants shall report to the NRMP any suspected violation of the applicable Match Participation Agreement.

Not sure if it can be considered a 'subversion....of the matching process', but I'd consider waiting until Friday regardless. You've been working toward this for years, and even if it's just 4 more days, well....it's just 4 more days. I never had a fake I'd, so when I turned 21, it made it that much sweeter. My friends that did have them didn't have the same experience, for example.
There is no way how they could know that you made such an "attempt" to web source code unless they hired IT experts to check the site prior.. but why to do that if they have problems even with finding an average IT coders .. right? don't worry ... nothing can f*** up just keep the result as a secret till friday