Wanting to Become a Pharmacist

Would you recommend getting a bachelor before applying for pharmacy school?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChrisOfficial

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a tenth grade high school student and living in Canada, I have an interest in becoming a pharmacist. Can someone explain the steps I'll need to take, such as prerequisites courses, GPA I must attain and volunteering. In the first semester of grade I had nothing lower than a B. My marks were: English=73, Math=81, Computer Programming=82 and a mandatory course of Religion=95 I'm attending a Catholic school btw. It is now second semester and I'm currently taking Science, History, French and a mandatory course of Civics/Careers. In grade 11 I plan on taking all three science courses. Speaking of science courses, is physics a mandatory course on becoming a pharmacist? Another question of mine is do I have have to take a Bachelor's in Science before attending pharmacy school? I would greatly appreciate it if someone answered my questions, thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm in grade 11 this year and my route is to become a dentist. However, pharmacy is my backup plan so I have done tons of research on pharmacy.

First of all, you can major in anything so for example, sciences, biology, chemistry, accounting etc... In university, therefore taking physics in grade 11 is not really required. You have to take the prerequisites FOR pharmacy before you can apply for pharmacy school and now that many schools are recommending PharmD's instead or BSC in pharmacy, you have a lot more time to get your prerequisites together and volunteer.

Hey! I'm in grade 11 this year and my route is to become a dentist. However, pharmacy is my backup plan so I have done tons of research on pharmacy.

First of all, you can major in anything so for example, sciences, biology, chemistry, accounting etc... In university, therefore taking physics in grade 11 is not really required. You have to take the prerequisites FOR pharmacy before you can apply for pharmacy school and now that many schools are recommending PharmD's instead or BSC in pharmacy, you have a lot more time to get your prerequisites together and volunteer.
What GPA do you recommend that I achieve?

Members don't see this ad :)
High school

For high school i would say 90% above, and for university i would say to say competitive, you should have atleast a 3.5 but if you dont have that or higher, you should definitely kill the PCAT and interview or do as well as you can :)