Waterloo optometry - reapplicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quackquack

Waterloo
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you get rejected once, and try again the following year, is this looked down upon at all (In waterloo? Any other school?)

I have heard from searching this forum, that someone got rejected after interview, then reapplied and was sent back a rejection letter, even though there has been improvements in the application (or so it was claimed)'. I'm not sure if his/her applying already the year before was held against him/her.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you get rejected once, and try again the following year, is this looked down upon at all (In waterloo? Any other school?)

I have heard from searching this forum, that someone got rejected after interview, then reapplied and was sent back a rejection letter, even though there has been improvements in the application (or so it was claimed)'. I'm not sure if his/her applying already the year before was held against him/her.

Thanks!

That's the kind of question that probably has no clear answer and will likely just get you a bunch of confusing responses based mostly on rumor and conjecture. When I was at Waterloo, there were many people who were rejected one year and admitted the next. The key is to not reject yourself. Just do the best you can and apply. If they reject you, they reject you. If you're admitted.....that's great!

Thanks!

I heard from a friend that they know someone who has re-applied to Waterloo 3 times and the 3rd year they applied they finally got an interview. I THINK they may have also said that they know someone who spoke to the school of optometry and the school said after 3 years of re-applying they give the re-applicant a shot. Not sure how reliable this information is!