Wayne State BMS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone, so it's april 26 and while I started my application back in January, my professor decided not to submit his rec letter until now despite me pushing him constantly. I thought this was okay because the wayne website said to have the application finished by June 1st, (and the person I talked to incorrectly confirmed this), (and the Michigan physiology app deadline is may so i thought this made sense) but I looked closer on the BMS site and saw that the application was due by February.

Am I too late? Should I give up on the application?
Are you applying for this fall? I applied like early August and I was accepted for the fall semester. I can't guarantee that will be possible again this year, as when I applied there was still some spots available.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the MCAT in 2014, could I use this as a standardized test score for my app even though it's been >3 years since?

Where did the majority of the students live while in the BMS program? Was recently admitted and was wondering where if most of you lived in the city or suburb

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously I do not keep in touch with everyone in the program, but from reading past threads and talking to students you shouldn't really go into BMS expecting to get into wayne som (traditionally only 25% of kids do). Also, I def will retract what I said about noncorrelation because apparently the office just waited until January to send out a bunch of BMS interviews to SOM. So part of what I said was based upon a lot of 3.8+ kids not getting interviews, which was somewhat "fixed" in the past week or two.

Also guys take everything I said with a grain of salt, I'm just one person's experience but not a lot of current students post their experiences here.
How large was your BMS class?

Hi, I am thinking about starting the BMS program this upcoming winter in January and most people seem to suggest taking physio II and pharmacology to begin. I was wondering from people that have done this program previously in the past if it is a good idea to take physio I before taking physio II (is it doable or is it a good idea to take physio I before physio II)? Also is it a better idea to start in the fall with physio I and biochem or is starting in the winter with physio II and pharmacology fine? Thanks!

How willing are the professors in this program to write letters of recommendation for medical school? While I did well in my first semester classes, I did not build rapport with my professors and I was wondering if I should still ask for letters. Thank you!