Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still have heard nothing back....it's been two and a half weeks since my interview....I'm starting to get anxious....I've heard nothing back...I hope the class isn't already full....I did get accepted to another school...and that was only a few days after my interview....I don't plan on going there, though...
I was planning on calling the admissions office just to check in...but don't want to harass the staff...has anyone here called to check in with their application status?
I have not heard anything either since they sent that one thank you email the day after my interview. I am sure the class is not already full otherwise they would have emailed us. If we still don't hear anything by next week then I'll start getting a bit anxious. Patiently waiting is a tad annoying though hah.

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard anything either since they sent that one thank you email the day after my interview. I am sure the class is not already full otherwise they would have emailed us. If we still don't hear anything by next week then I'll start getting a bit anxious. Patiently waiting is a tad annoying though hah.

Yeah, I recieved that same email. I promised myself that I would not come on this site because I didn't want to worry about something that I have no control over....but I'm just a bit concerned because my deposit is due soon for the other school I got into...that's a lot of money to waste! Best wishes to you...I hope we both hear a favorable outcome soon from Wayne State :luck:

Just recieved an email....the last interview was a week ago...so now they are making final decisions....which will be known in a few weeks...I guess that means I was defered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great...waitlisted....and to add insult to injury....I'm in the bottom 50% of the waitlist....does anyone know how many people actually get put on the waitlist?

Great...waitlisted....and to add insult to injury....I'm in the bottom 50% of the waitlist....does anyone know how many people actually get put on the waitlist?

I know few people who even got accepted in late May of last year, so you still have chance, but what is your stat as in GPA / PCAT?

I just got an email today, wait listed in the top 50% though. I'm in state with bachelors in microbio, 3.0 gpa and 96 composite pcat.

I know few people who even got accepted in late May of last year, so you still have chance, but what is your stat as in GPA / PCAT?

My pcat was lower...like a 61%...gpa 3.7....I have tons of volunteer work in the medical feild....not sure that matters though....and I do have a B.S.

But I'm in the lower 50% of the waitlist...so I'm taking that as a rejection....it would help if they could tell us how long the waitlist is....it would make a difference if there are 80 people on it vs. something like 20...

Also...my pcat score is so low because of the math portion...it brought my composite down significantly. I bombed it...haven't had any math in 10 years....I'm taking calc now....hoping that will be taken into account...but I'm not sure how much it even matters at this point.

Last edited:
My pcat was lower...like a 61%...gpa 3.7....I have tons of volunteer work in the medical feild....not sure that matters though....and I do have a B.S.

But I'm in the lower 50% of the waitlist...so I'm taking that as a rejection....it would help if they could tell us how long the waitlist is....it would make a difference if there are 80 people on it vs. something like 20...

Also...my pcat score is so low because of the math portion...it brought my composite down significantly. I bombed it...haven't had any math in 10 years....I'm taking calc now....hoping that will be taken into account...but I'm not sure how much it even matters at this point.

well since your GPA is really good, it kind of balances out the low PCAT part, but seems like wayne pharm school acceptance is becoming competitive every year!! but i say keep your hopes up....as long as you are not rejected, anything is possible. Good Luck! :)

I personally think 80 people on the waiting list is way too much. Considering the fact that they had about 200 interviews( Came up with this by adding the morning and noon interviews of october, november, december and 2 interview dates in january. During my interview time (dec. morning) we had about 20 people. So 20 people x 2 times per day x 5 interview dates= 200 total interviewees. WSU usually accepts about 100 people. I know some people have been declined. I'm assuming a lot more than just 20 people have been declined. However, keep in mind this is all speculation.
I know a couple of people who were in the same position as you last year. Who had a Pcat score of just a little above yours and a GPA lower than yours that were wait-listed first, then heard back really late(I think around June). However, this year's candidate pool might've been more competitive than last year's.
Also, in a meeting with Tamra and the dean last year we were told that WSU school of pharmacy uses an equation when accepting candidates. 35%=GPA 35%=PCAT 25%=interview 5%=extra cur. So hopefully your interview went well to give you a small boost.
What I'm trying to say is don't lose hope! There's still plenty of time. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I see...didn't know they used a formula....I thought once students made it to the interview process...the grades and scores didn't really matter. I'll try my best not to lose hope....although it's really hard. I got into one of those new schools in Chicago that I'm not excited about at all..but my family is going to get really upset if I don't go..like really really upset..classes start the 1st of July...so even if I hear back....it could be too late :scared:

Thanks for your help, though....I appreaciate it

I personally think 80 people on the waiting list is way too much. Considering the fact that they had about 200 interviews( Came up with this by adding the morning and noon interviews of october, november, december and 2 interview dates in january. During my interview time (dec. morning) we had about 20 people. So 20 people x 2 times per day x 5 interview dates= 200 total interviewees. WSU usually accepts about 100 people. I know some people have been declined. I'm assuming a lot more than just 20 people have been declined. However, keep in mind this is all speculation.
I know a couple of people who were in the same position as you last year. Who had a Pcat score of just a little above yours and a GPA lower than yours that were wait-listed first, then heard back really late(I think around June). However, this year's candidate pool might've been more competitive than last year's.
Also, in a meeting with Tamra and the dean last year we were told that WSU school of pharmacy uses an equation when accepting candidates. 35%=GPA 35%=PCAT 25%=interview 5%=extra cur. So hopefully your interview went well to give you a small boost.
What I'm trying to say is don't lose hope! There's still plenty of time. Good luck!

well since your GPA is really good, it kind of balances out the low PCAT part, but seems like wayne pharm school acceptance is becoming competitive every year!! but i say keep your hopes up....as long as you are not rejected, anything is possible. Good Luck! :)

Thanks....yeah...I suppose even if my chances are slim to none...at least there is a glimmer of hope somewhere.

Did anyone else get accepted recently? if so please share your stats as GPA/ PCAT,
a friend of mine is waiting to hear back.....

Anyone that was waitlisted hear back? Or at least know how many people are on the waitlist?

I interviewed 1-24-13 and waited 2.5 weeks to hear back to find out I was wait listed in the top 50%. I just heard back today to find out I was accepted to Wayne for 2013!!! Super exciting, but such an emotional roller coaster since I have put a deposit down on another school and thinking I didn't do well on Wayne's interview. So there are spots opening up!

Last edited:
I interviewed 1-24-13 and waited 2.5 weeks to hear back to find out I was wait listed in the top 50%. I just heard back today to find out I was accepted to Wayne for 2013!!! Super exciting, but such an emotional roller coaster since I have put a deposit down on another school and thinking I didn't do well on Wayne's interview. So there are spots opening up!

Congrats! Remember to join our facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/494437540578715/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Hi everyone! I just took my pcat today & I'm wondering if these scores are competitive enough.

VA: 52
BIO: 74
RC: 20 :arghh:
QA: 82
CH: 97
Comp: 76

I have 3.45 overall GPA & a 3.2 science GPA. I've been working at an independent pharmacy for over 2 years (currently still working there) and I also worked at a dentist office for about a year. I'm also a member of the Community of scholars, Rebuilding Together & have done a lot of volunteer work. What do you guys think my chances are of getting an interview?

Hey guys!

I took my PCAT today and these were my prelim scores:
VA: 412 68%
BIO: 430 89%
CHEM: 419 78%
RC: 398 47%
QA: 407 61%
Composite 413 74%

I am not that happy with my score, It wasn't what I expected honestly. I really want to apply for the upcoming admissions cycle, so heres what I got:

• I have a 3.75 gpa from Wayne State. (haven't calculated my science gpa through pharmcas yet)
  • I volunteer at a pharmacy on campus as well as hopefully shadowing at a hospital.
  • I've volunteered at a lot of red cross blood drives.
  • Volunteered in what are called "Wellness Warrior" clinics where I got to take peoples height, weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, interact in a patient care setting and got to sit in on patient counseling with P4 students.
  • I am apart of pre-professional medical society, community of scholars, and national society of collegiate scholars.
  • I have received the chemistry chair's honors award in Orgo. (award given to the top 3% of students in all undergraduate chemistry classes)
  • I haven't asked for LORs yet but ill ask my anatomy and orgo professors and the pharmacist I volunteer for.
  • Im CPR/AED and lifeguard certified. I heard they like when you mention that.
What are my chances? I'd like some opinions on if i should retake my PCAT or apply as is incase I mess up my current score in September. Thanks!!