We are less than 5K from the Gen Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
and there i thought it was because of the devil-red-eyes... mwaaaahahahaha

Members don't see this ad.

JackBauERfan said:
Yeah, most folks that take my picture tell me to stand on one of the ends, so that they can easily cut me out if need be!

haha.

I need to start using that trick with some people I know :) :cool:

posted in the GM forum, making up for it here.

Members don't see this ad :)
JackBauERfan said:
posted in the GM forum, making up for it here.

posted again on GM, sheesh, is there something wrong with me?

dude r u an undercover turncoat? did u get my pm?

GULP.. with this post we are now 3000 away from G Res..

Quick Q so when the residents from your program call what did you talk about. My conversation was pretty limited. I had no Qs.....

This is a post pad to inform you all that it appears that you will be stuck with me until at least next fall, as I'm told this trimester (OF SCHOOL, NO I AM NOT PREGNANT) is gravy and it would appear that against all odds, I have managed to pass both of my classes from the last one.

+pad+

EF: weak. the residents from my program didnt call. no love at all. and with that i leave. +pad+ away.

irrka,

Perhaps it is different because IIRC you are going to a 2-4? Not sure. Anyways big ups.. I feel like im on call I didnt feel good 2 nights ago so i only slept 3.5 hours and then last night I slept 4.5 hours cause I had to be up early this am.. Actually its nothing like call since I slept :)

Members don't see this ad :)
EctopicFetus said:
irrka,

Perhaps it is different because IIRC you are going to a 2-4? Not sure. Anyways big ups.. I feel like im on call I didnt feel good 2 nights ago so i only slept 3.5 hours and then last night I slept 4.5 hours cause I had to be up early this am.. Actually its nothing like call since I slept :)
Yeah no call from my 2-4 either. Nice emails from my SLOR writer from the program and from the PD though.

socuteMD said:
This is a post pad to inform you all that it appears that you will be stuck with me until at least next fall, as I'm told this trimester (OF SCHOOL, NO I AM NOT PREGNANT) is gravy and it would appear that against all odds, I have managed to pass both of my classes from the last one.

+pad+
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :D
Not that we had any doubts in you!!!!!!!

colforbinMD said:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :D
Not that we had any doubts in you!!!!!!!
+pad+ing PS: Aren't you glad we kept yelling at you to go study?

colforbinMD said:
Yeah no call from my 2-4 either. Nice emails from my SLOR writer from the program and from the PD though.

no call here either from 2-4, hmmm. I did get an email from preliminary saying they will be sending stuff! I replied back and said just send the paychecks ma'aam. haha, just joking, medicines not about money, right?

So I have had numerous inquiries about my situation and why I "had" to apply to so many programs. As promised this probably wont be all that exciting. I explained this to CS_22 in a PM and I am thankful for him not saying anything.

So the reason was my wife was looking for a tenure track law professor position. These are extremely hard to come by, about 300 entry spots with 1200 applicants. Well needless to say things turned out well for us. She had a few offers and in the end she decided to accept a spot at the U of Arizona. As many of you know thats also where I matched. So there it is! I spilled..

EctopicFetus said:
So I have had numerous inquiries about my situation and why I "had" to apply to so many programs. As promised this probably wont be all that exciting. I explained this to CS_22 in a PM and I am thankful for him not saying anything.

So the reason was my wife was looking for a tenure track law professor position. These are extremely hard to come by, about 300 entry spots with 1200 applicants. Well needless to say things turned out well for us. She had a few offers and in the end she decided to accept a spot at the U of Arizona. As many of you know thats also where I matched. So there it is! I spilled..
YAY Mrs. EF :thumbup: :thumbup:
I do have to admit to a bit of disappointment. I was hopeing it was CIA related. Of perhaps mafia.

EctopicFetus said:

I have to admit, if I were you I would have been crapping my pants from ROL submission time until I opened that match envelope!!

colforbinMD said:
I do have to admit to a bit of disappointment. I was hopeing it was CIA related. Of perhaps mafia.

It was CIA related. Law professor is just her NOC.

What's this "permitted to return" Were you banned? Who would do that to SoCute?

colforbinMD said:

yeah I figured it was a CIA or FBI kind of thing, but oh well, just a lawyer thing :) Still cool though, I'm glad it worked out for you.

BKN said:
What's this "permitted to return" Were you banned? Who would do that to SoCute?
We banned her when she told us she had finals coming. Didn't do much good though cause she still posted a few times a day. Of course she passed so that's all that matters :D

EctopicFetus said:

But I don't get it - since your wife got a spot, she's obviously excellent, but it, just like derm (with the 4 applicants for every 1 spot, more or less), is unlikely she had offers from 9 or 10 programs, and so, when did she know or accept her spot, and what would have happened if you matched even anywhere else (in that, in the southwest, there's no short distance between anywhere except for where you are)?

colforbinMD said:
We banned her when she told us she had finals coming. Didn't do much good though cause she still posted a few times a day. Of course she passed so that's all that matters :D

AHEM! I banned myself :). But my future colleagues helped me enforce the ban! I stopped by every so often (during long studying days I get up every 90 mins or so and take a short walk outside, and I'd stop by the computer on my way back to whine or say hi). Now that I have finished my finals, I am "permitted to return."

socuteMD said:
AHEM! I banned myself :). But my future colleagues helped me enforce the ban! I stopped by every so often (during long studying days I get up every 90 mins or so and take a short walk outside, and I'd stop by the computer on my way back to whine or say hi). Now that I have finished my finals, I am "permitted to return."
True the ban was initially self imposed but there was so much enforcement required from your future colleagues I forgot it was initially your idea :)

Apollyon said:
But I don't get it - since your wife got a spot, she's obviously excellent, but it, just like derm (with the 4 applicants for every 1 spot, more or less), is unlikely she had offers from 9 or 10 programs, and so, when did she know or accept her spot, and what would have happened if you matched even anywhere else (in that, in the southwest, there's no short distance between anywhere except for where you are)?

She actually had 4 offers but cut her search short so I wouldnt have to interview at 30 programs. Instead we decided to focus and hope for the best. She accepted her spot in January so I could focus better. We decided that if U of Az didnt work out we would suck it up for 3 yrs. We have lived apart before. We are just lucky that things worked out. Needless to say match day was a happy day.

EctopicFetus said:
She actually had 4 offers but cut her search short so I wouldnt have to interview at 30 programs. Instead we decided to focus and hope for the best. She accepted her spot in January so I could focus better. We decided that if U of Az didnt work out we would suck it up for 3 yrs. We have lived apart before. We are just lucky that things worked out. Needless to say match day was a happy day.

yeah its great it worked out! 3 years away from each other would have been tough I think.

Needless to say I agree Im glad it worked out. In some ways I would think that I might have been quite miserable away from her.

EctopicFetus said:
Needless to say I agree Im glad it worked out. In some ways I would think that I might have been quite miserable away from her.
Neeless to say there is nothing that is needless to say when your +pad+ ing

exactly man. padding is key.. we have really slipped off from the Gen res forum but thats cool. We are still the # 1 specialty.

EctopicFetus said:
exactly man. padding is key.. we have really slipped off from the Gen res forum but thats cool. We are still the # 1 specialty.

Eeek...guess I haven't been helping. It's been a...how shall I put this?...interesting week. My liver is probably glad that it's over.

That was me last week. Nice work, the liver needs a workout once in a while too!

I learned my lesson: thou shalt not hang with ibankers if thou does not wish to become an alcoholic.

On the other hand, at least I wasn't buying my own drinks.

Nothing like having your own corporate credit card.

I am gonna start painting my house and redoing the base boards next week! Exciting isnt it?