Weak in Physics, TPRH vs TBR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lostdoc92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Ok so thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

Long story short, I'm awfully horrendous at physics. Took the MCAT on 04/24 and got a 7. No matter what I do, I cannot do the TBR passages. I've tried the 1001 EK book, content review, youtube videos, you name it. I tried doing the TPRH Science Workbook physics passages and I really don't know what it is but something clicked and I got about 90% correct.

Question now is, is TPRH good passage review? Will my score improve if I am doing well on these passages, or are they entirely irrelevant to the MCAT format? I know that I should have gotten experience with the actual MCAT I took but the whole test feels like an odd blur I do not remember much of.

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

TPRH SW is a great source of passages! If that works for you, I'd say to make use of it. And if that helps you get better at Physics, you can always come back and give TBR a shot later.

When you say you can't do TBR, is it because they are difficult? Do you feel like you understand the concepts well?

When you say you can't do TBR, is it because they are difficult? Do you feel like you understand the concepts well?

I feel like I know the concepts well, but for some reason I just keep on getting the questions wrong. I usually do the corresponding questions to the topic in the EK 1001 book and I get a decent percentage right, but then when I go to TBR I don't know what happens. Is there something particular I'm doing wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you done the AAMC physics self assessment? That's 109 quality questions. Are you learning anything new from the TBR explanations of the questions you get wrong? Or are you missing questions because of carelessness? Only AAMC will be a good predictor of scores, don't be so harrd on yourself.

TBR physics does perhaps the best job available. TPR SW is a close runner up, but still 2nd.
The SA's are great practice to get use to the AAMC style and language, and I'd fully recommend taking them. But as for practice, I'd recommend TBR, especially for physics.

Good luck!