About the ads

1. Free Financial Webinar with White Coat Investor! Monday evening at 7:00 PM EDT, hear about the Top 5 Financial Considerations for Starting Residents from White Coat Investor's Dr. James Dahle. Register here. Hope to see you there!

Western secondary application

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by roxana, Jun 27, 2009.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. roxana

roxana

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    HI,
    I'm applying for Western and I found out that there is another essay for its secondary application. I was wondering if it’s optional or have to write another one

:eek:
  2. nze82

nze82

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It says it's optional, but when they include it in their secondary application it means they would like to see you provide them with some additional info about yourself.
    Your application is what they use to evaluate you as an applicant and get to know you as an individual. So, I'm sure you have more stuff to tell them about yourself.
  3. doc1986

doc1986

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    FWIW, I didn't write anything for the secondary. The way it was worded, it wanted to give you a chance to explain anything you weren't able to explain in your app i believe.
  4. joonkimdds

joonkimdds Senior Member

Pre-Dental
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    yeah I was worried about this too because I spent almost a month writing my personal statement and I felt as if this is a 2nd essay I need when I am already too busy studying for DAT. I will just leave it blank unless I have time to write 2~3 sentences.
  5. roxana

roxana

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thank you Guys,
    So I think i will leave it blank too
  6. whoaaitzkyle

whoaaitzkyle go bears!

Dental Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I'd put money that everyone is going to find time to make at least a couple sentences. come on now let's be nice on these forums :laugh:
  7. joonkimdds

joonkimdds Senior Member

Pre-Dental
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Did you guys notice the typo in the secondary application?
    #3 says are you disadvantaged student
    #4 says have you ever attended dental schools

and then it says if #3 is yes then tell me what school you attended, year...etc. #3 has nothing to do with my previous dental school.
  8. FLOSS UR TEETH

FLOSS UR TEETH

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    FOR THE 2012 WESTERN SECONDARY

Why can't we put A+'s in the boxes? Should I just hand write it in lol.... don't get it..... i worked hard for the plus
  9. jeffity

jeffity

SDN 2+ Year Member
    They probably don't take them into consideration. I just put mine as As.

The one space they give you to say anything is for more than just explaining bad academic performance or confusing parts of your application.

Surely you can come up with something to write about under one or more of those topics. I treated this as if they would look at this little application before digging into AADSAS. Who knows? Maybe they will.
  10. socr1216

socr1216

SDN 2+ Year Member
    deleted**
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011