Western- still with admissions committee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azimmer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from western stating that my application is still with the admissions committee and I'll be notified if there are any changes. Is this some form of continuing review notice? I just wanna know if they have reviewed my application and are putting me on hold because they do not want to offer me an invite at the moment. Anyone else get this email?

Members don't see this ad.

i just received an email explicitly stating that I am being put under "continuing review"...

I just got an email from western stating that my application is still with the admissions committee and I'll be notified if there are any changes. Is this some form of continuing review notice? I just wanna know if they have reviewed my application and are putting me on hold because they do not want to offer me an invite at the moment. Anyone else get this email?

+1 on this. No idea what this means, but any insight would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)

i got the same email...and am wondering the same thing. is this an "on hold," or have they just not gotten to our apps yet?

I got the same email and I'm just going to assume that it's a nice way of saying "YOU"RE REJECTED". Time to look forward to other schools

Same, I got the same email "application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee"...

Just got the same email. It says that they have done an initial review but aren't ready to make a final decision. Hard not to be pessimistic about this haha.

Some people are saying it isn't continuing review because there was an actual continuing review email that states "you are put on continuing review." So... I still don't know what this email means

Is this email come pre or post interview?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. lol

Last edited:
Some people are saying it isn't continuing review because there was an actual continuing review email that states "you are put on continuing review." So... I still don't know what this email means

Agree. I think there were different emails sent out. My email never explicitly said "continuing review". This is what I got:

This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status.
In the meantime, please feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience and interest in WesternU’s College of Dental Medicine!
Best wishes,

Add me to the list of people who received that today.

Given that there is a different email sent to those placed under continuing review, perhaps this was sent out to everyone else so that they wouldn't bombard the admissions office with questions regarding their status.

Same... "Continuing Review" email received yesterday. It's so nice of them to put me on the side for a rejection later. :) hahaha. maybe they thought I'd be really depressed if I got an early rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
One thing that I am thinking about these two different types of emails is the different admission advisors. As you guys know, they are dividing the applicants to three different person. So, it could be that the two different emails came from two different advisors. What are the initials of your last names?

The email I received was sent by Marie Anderson, the director of admissions. She isn't the counselor assigned to my group.

I got this email and then an interview invite a few days later. dont sweat it.

I got that e-mail too on 10/03
but I got an invitation to interview on 10/05 by phone call

I just received this email for the first time today.

I got this email and then an interview invite a few days later. dont sweat it.

I think what we can guess from JohnnnyD's response is that the email means they simply haven't gotten to our applications yet. My mail out date was relatively late, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Agree. I think there were different emails sent out. My email never explicitly said "continuing review". This is what I got:

This email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status.
In the meantime, please feel free to contact your Admissions Counselor if you have any questions.
Thank you for your patience and interest in WesternU’s College of Dental Medicine!
Best wishes,

Got the same email today, from Marie, it's my first one.

I got an email stating that my app is in continuing review.... Again. Idk why they sent it twice since im pretty such I got the point the first time lol. It got my hopes up when I got the email too. :(

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I received this email for the 2nd time too, today.

I had an interview invite mid-September and they received my entire application at the end of August. I never got an email stating that my application was still with the admissions committee. I only got the email that stated WesternU had received all my application requirements. So as you can see in my case, I was offered an interview two weeks after my completed application; it may be a different case for every interview invite, but I would assume if you haven't gotten an interview after about three weeks from application completion then you're out of luck with WesternU. Also, I think WesternU is one of the first to finish their interview cycles. I believe they stop interviewing in February and I heard those interview invites were already given out a while ago.

I had an interview invite mid-September and they received my entire application at the end of August. I never got an email stating that my application was still with the admissions committee. I only got the email that stated WesternU had received all my application requirements. So as you can see in my case, I was offered an interview two weeks after my completed application; it may be a different case for every interview invite, but I would assume if you haven't gotten an interview after about three weeks from application completion then you're out of luck with WesternU. Also, I think WesternU is one of the first to finish their interview cycles. I believe they stop interviewing in February and I heard those interview invites were already given out a while ago.

Yea, that just confirmed my doubts...Nvm, WU is never my priority, and probably their interviewees sucked and they wanted to keep ppl on the waitlist...

Yeah, also when I was at the interview at WesternU, they said that they fill up like 95% of their seats from people who got accepted on Dec 3rd (pre-Dec interviews). All interviews in Jan/Feb are for wait lists pretty much.

i received that "still with the admissions committee" e-mail and I received an interview invitation like 2 weeks later. i mean, it's not a bad thing to receive that e-mail. at this point, they said that they're looking to conclude interviews in february...and they're already sending invitations for feb. soo...just keep an eye out for a phone call

I got an invite almost two months after my application was submitted so people might still have hope. However, I got this invite about two weeks ago and the only date they had available was already February 2nd. On a side note: if they supposedly conclude interviews by February, I must not have a good chance of getting accepted. Haha. :D:scared: