Western University Matriculation and Pre-Reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeamthedr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow Optometry school hopefuls.

I have a question pertaining specifically to WesternU's College of Optometry pre-requisite courses. To my understanding a student may be offered admission to WesternU's College of Optometry whilst still completing pre-req courses, but the courses must all be completed by the end of Spring semester of the year of matriculation. If a student is accepted and does not satisfactorily complete pre-reqs (w/ a C or better) will the college remit their offer? What if the student is waitlisted or offered early admission for the following academic school year and did not satisfactorily complete the required courses? Can they retake and complete by Spring of the following year? I'd appreciate any feedback in regards to this matter, seeing as I've overloaded myself with 2 intense, entirely online courses and a full-time job and I'm nervous I won't pull off C's.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe schools can remit your acceptance if you don't meet the requirement. But you should email the school and ask them directly rather than here because they all have different policies.

Yes I agree call and ask! You neverknow if they are willing to make an exception