Whar are some stasirics for US high school students to enter Irish or scottish school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kuralia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a currently 11th grade in Missouri.I have taken chemistry biology and
calculus.I will be taking physics.My gpa is 3.6 un weighed.I have 29 0n ACT and will retake it couple times.My sister had 34 0n Act 1510 on SAT with 4.0 unweighed.She applied to bunch of us BAMD programs but because we are Indians and my parents are not doctors she did not got even an interview.She did got in SLU 7 year med scholars progra.
Do you daydreamers think if I have a chance or go here in us 4+4.

Members don't see this ad.

Firstly, there's no reason to be rude. Secondly, exactly what are you asking? You should probably take the SAT, the ACT is 1) not as difficult and 2) not as widely-recognized. Then you could apply for the 6 year (or 5 year by the time you apply) programs in the Irish schools. Or, you could shoot for US undergrad as well... not sure why you're questioning this option.

6 Year Course
Applicants must present the High School Graduation Diploma with competitive marks in (i) biology, (ii) chemistry and (iii) either physics or mathematics.
It is strongly recommended that candidates present competitive scores from one of the following standardised tests, APs, IB, SAT, SAT II or ACT.
These are the minimum standards for entry in RCSI check out the other collegesd for their exact requirements. Lots of the Americans and Canadians I know don't have medicine in the family and there are lots of Indian-American/Canadians here.

Members don't see this ad :)
kuralia said:
Do you daydreamers think if I have a chance or go here in us 4+4.

What do you mean by 'daydreamers'???

Jammer said:
What do you mean by 'daydreamers'???
My sincere appologies for that.I been on site a few times and see a lot of repeating people like sunny.To me it felt like that you guys may be dreamers like myself, of medicine.Offensive to anyone,I am sorry.
About being an Indian is that every BSMD program here gets 30% applications from Indian students,I mean weel qualified like my sister.The admissions people think Indian parents are too pushy which most of times is right.But thats only because they do not want us to suffer.Now it does not mean they want us to become doctors.My parents want us to be something other than odd jobs that my father has to do to put food on table for 3 kids.
If there is any high school student from USA please let me know how are they affording it.
Thanks to everyone for prompt reply.