What a Relief!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crushage

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to NECO today. Now I can relax. I was also accepted to IU as an alternate but it looks like I'm headed to Boston.

Congrats to all those accepted and I hope anyone else in the same boat as I was gets in because I know how stressful the wait is!

FYI---There is hope for those with low GPA's....heres my stats:

Overall GPA 2.9
Science GPA 2.8
OAT: 330 AA
340 TS

If anyone has any questions about application process, interviews, etc. let me know because I interviewed at 5 different schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Crushage said:
I was accepted to NECO today. Now I can relax. I was also accepted to IU as an alternate but it looks like I'm headed to Boston.

Congrats to all those accepted and I hope anyone else in the same boat as I was gets in because I know how stressful the wait is!

FYI---There is hope for those with low GPA's....heres my stats:

Overall GPA 2.9
Science GPA 2.8
OAT: 330 AA
340 TS

If anyone has any questions about application process, interviews, etc. let me know because I interviewed at 5 different schools.

Hi, i had an interview for NECO two weeks go (march 22nd) and they told me it would take two weeks for me to hear back from them. It's exactly two weeks today and i still haven't heard anything. I live in Chicago, and the mail is kinda slow here. I was wondering when your interview was and how long before you heard back from them and how far away you live from NECO. Also, how many hours did you shadow for an optometrist?

Thanks
btw, CONGRATS!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
RDoshi said:
Hi, i had an interview for NECO two weeks go (march 22nd) and they told me it would take two weeks for me to hear back from them. It's exactly two weeks today and i still haven't heard anything. I live in Chicago, and the mail is kinda slow here. I was wondering when your interview was and how long before you heard back from them and how far away you live from NECO. Also, how many hours did you shadow for an optometrist?

Thanks
btw, CONGRATS!!!

Thanks CPW and RDoshi!

I interviewed in late February and they notified me about 3 weeks later that i was on the waiting list. Then i contacted them again last week and they said there would be a meeting this week and so i called them and they told me a letter was being sent that i was accepted.

I live in Kansas so I'm even further away than you are---i was supposed to interview at ICO but not sure if I am still going to.

I shadowed an optometrist for probably 4 years.

Hope u get accepted---you can call them if you want it couldn't hurt

Crushage said:
Thanks CPW and RDoshi!

I interviewed in late February and they notified me about 3 weeks later that i was on the waiting list. Then i contacted them again last week and they said there would be a meeting this week and so i called them and they told me a letter was being sent that i was accepted.

I live in Kansas so I'm even further away than you are---i was supposed to interview at ICO but not sure if I am still going to.

I shadowed an optometrist for probably 4 years.

Hope u get accepted---you can call them if you want it couldn't hurt

From one Kansas person to another, congratulations. I'm graduating with my OD degree in about 6 weeks, and looking to head back home. Again, congrats

Ryan

i just called them today...they sent out a letter yesterday saying that i am accepted!!! i'm so happy! woo hoo!!