Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to ask your thoughts about my situation. I interviewed and waitlisted to one school last year out of the 8 I applied to. This year, I applied to 11 and still only got one interview at the same school. Yesterday was the day that they announced acceptances and I did not hear back. They did not reject or made another waitlist yet. I don't know what else I should do or what I am doing wrong.
Looks taking the DAT in August is what really hurt you. Your DAT is right around the average of matriculated applicants (which is ~20.4), which was not high enough to outweigh the lateness of your application. It was probably verified near the end of August/beginning of September.

If you haven't been rejected from that school, I would send a letter of intent. Be careful though, as this letter basically means "If you accept me, I will attend your school no matter what." So, you should only send that to one school. If you don't want that much obligation to a school, you can send a letter of interest instead (and you can send this to all 11 schools, if you haven't been rejected from them).

What is the rest of your application like? What are your GPAs? Are your LORs and PS strong? Shadowing, volunteering, work? etc

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your help! My app has about 350 hours of shadowing, countless hours of volunteering as a tutor, 2 fraternities and 5 other organizations. I don't know how my LORs are. I graduated with two degrees(BS in biochem & BA in Chem) with a GPA of 3.43. I also took a BIO 4000 course last summer. I was the top of my class that the professor wrote my LOR. I'm actually working at Prometric after I retook my DAT, so if I choose to retake it for the 3rd time, then I have to quit my job 3 months before taking it.
I don't think it'd be worth it to retake your DAT again. I would just really make sure to apply in June this coming cycle, if this current cycle doesn't turn out well for you. I think taking your DAT in August (which is pretty late) and not having a high enough score to offset that lateness is what hurt you the most, as your ECs and everything else seem pretty good.

So for this current cycle, try sending letters of interest to the schools that haven't rejected you, to see if you get interviews. But also prepare for this coming cycle (new PS, LORs, etc). It's better to be prepared and not have to apply for a 3rd time than to not prepare and have to later scramble everything together.

Good luck!

Hello, I wanted to ask your thoughts about my situation. I interviewed and waitlisted to one school last year out of the 8 I applied to. This year, I applied to 11 and still only got one interview at the same school. Yesterday was the day that they announced acceptances and I did not hear back. They did not reject or made another waitlist yet. I don't know what else I should do or what I am doing wrong.
I didnt receive my acceptance until March-ish. Keep working on your app and you'll get in!

Status
Not open for further replies.