What are my chances? 3.5GPA 29MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saddleup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy! I have a 3.5 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA and a 29 MCAT. Texas residence. 4 years as a paramedic with good LOR. Also, played college baseball (if at all helpful.) Shadowed ER doc and orthopedic surgeon. Applied to all schools, both MD and DO, in Texas as well as
-AZCOM
-PCOM (Philly)
-PCOM (Georgia)
-LECOM (Bradenton)
-TUNCOM (Nevada)
-COMP (Pomona)

I got my Texas application in first day available and my AACOMAS turned in last Monday with all transcripts reading received this weekend. What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Looks good. You might have to wait till Oct or Nov for the DO interviews to start rolling in since you submitted a little late but you should have no problem getting into multiple schools.

Howdy! I have a 3.5 sGPA, 3.5 cGPA and a 29 MCAT. Texas residence. 4 years as a paramedic with good LOR. Also, played college baseball (if at all helpful.) Shadowed ER doc and orthopedic surgeon. Applied to all schools, both MD and DO, in Texas as well as
-AZCOM
-PCOM (Philly)
-PCOM (Georgia)
-LECOM (Bradenton)
-TUNCOM (Nevada)
-COMP (Pomona)

I got my Texas application in first day available and my AACOMAS turned in last Monday with all transcripts reading received this weekend. What are my chances?
Chances are excellent. If neither of the docs you shadowed was a DO, you might consider spending some time with one before interviews so you can answer related questions. Ideally this would be someone in primary care to round out your shadowing experiences with some longitudinal care.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the help and advice. It is much appreciated.

Chances outstanding for DO, and probably for some TX MD programs.

-AZCOM
-PCOM (Philly)
-PCOM (Georgia)
-LECOM (Bradenton)
-TUNCOM (Nevada)
-COMP (Pomona)