What are my chances? 4.0 cGPA, 28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AFountainPen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for looking at my post!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As of now, I don't have a definite list.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Take out all of the public state universities. You have to have at least 30+ MCAT along with your 4.0 cGPA to be competitive there. You want schools with high OOS % acceptance. If you have the MSAR, you can find this in the acceptance information tab. For instance, UNMC (Nebraska) received 1,279 OOS applications, interviewed 167 of those, and accepted 19 (total class size = 123). This is an OOS acceptance % of 1.49%. The other 104 acceptances from UNMC were to in-state applicants. Clearly, the odds are not in your favor there, so you want to find schools that are in your favor. You have some good ones in there, such as VCU, EVMS, and Rush. Just keep looking at schools similar to those.

EDIT: U of Illinois is probably okay, as they take a decently high number of OOS students. The others would be ill-advised.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP are you interested in a possible life-time career in the military? If not, I don't think you should apply to USUHS in my opinion. As for some of those other OOS choices, I think OOS applicants are accepted based on either extreme circumstances or, much more likely I'm guessing, a strong connection to that particular state/community, etc. So you should think about that perhaps while applying.

I suggest the following:

TCMC
Quinnipiac
all other new MD schools except Central MI, Va Tech and Hofstra
WVU
Rosy Franklin
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Drexel
Albany
NYMC
VCU
Wake Forest
Rush
Your state school(s).
Any DO school.

Hi, thank you for looking at my post!