What are my chances anesthesiologist assistant program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tentomruler

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances of getting accepted into an AA program?

34 MCAT (11P, 10V, 13B)

3.35 GPA (strong trend upwards, 3.6 my junior year and 3.7 my senior year, A in physiology, A in anatomy, A- in OChem 2, no grade lower than a B+ throughout my junior and senior year)

2 years AmeriCorps experience (not health related, tutoring kids in math and science)

3 summers volunteering at hospital

internship at Pfizer developing ELISA test

lots of tutoring-specific EC's

Members don't see this ad.

Never seen a thread like this, so I doubt many will be able to tell you for certain as most of us are focused on med schools. Maybe seek out an AA forum. Good luck getting an answer.

I have a friend that is currently in the AA program at Case, which is supposedly the most competitive. He applied with ~3.0GPA/ 27MCAT and was accepted relatively early. I will add a disclaimer in that he was an engineer and interviews really well. He also had no EC's minus the mandatory 8 hours of shadowing. As long as you get the 8 hours of AA shadowing in and apply early, you should be more than fine. I would be surprised if you weren't accepted with those stats. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
with 34 MCAT score they will not even bother looking at your gpa good luck man

Status
Not open for further replies.