What are my Chances for D.O. Specifically NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD4Sure

What's Up Doc?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, dont bug me about my username pls lol :(:(
Looking to get admission to NYCOM. Please help me out
Stats:
GPA: Biology Major 3.4 overall, and 3.3 science at a good university known for science / research

MCAT: 28 (10 PS. 7 VR, 11BS)

Extracurricular
Research/Shadow at hospital in the OB/GYN department - I studied placentas - two college semesters plus one summer
- Acknowledged in one paper
Medical brigade in Honduras for a week - prepped for an entire year though gathering supplies/ fundraising
Shadowing cardiologist currently - he's an M.D.
Graduated Top 15% (Meh)

LOR from P-chem professor, Microbio prof, professor for genetics, letter from research doctor

What do you guys think. I'm taking my mcats again in July, but I plan to submit my application before then and send the score if its better. What score do i Need to secure NYCOM admission? Any help is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
best thing to do is call them up and ask if you're competetive. And I'll bet the answer is "hell, yes!". You're fine for any DO program.

Stats:
GPA: Biology Major 3.4 overall, and 3.3 science at a good university known for science / research

Extracurricular
Research/Shadow at hospital in the OB/GYN department - I studied placentas - two college semesters plus one summer
Medical brigade in Honduras for a week - prepped for an entire year though gathering supplies/ fundraising
Graduated Top 15% (Meh)

LOR from P-chem professor, Microbio prof, professor for genetics, letter from research doctor

What do you guys think. I'm taking my mcats again in July, but I plan to submit my application before then and send the score if its better. What score do i Need to secure NYCOM admission? Any help is appreciated

wow huge confidence booster. thank you. Any other help would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
Goro sometimes I wonder if your answers are too optimistic? Anything with a 3.2 or greater and 27+ = "I wish you would apply to my school"

Stats:

Extracurricular
Graduated Top 15% (Meh)

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but it'll help if you're a NY resident.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but it'll help if you're a NY resident.

+1 they like in state students. It's one school I'm definitely applying to once I start applying in 2016/2017 (I live very close to NYCOM).

Sorry Totally Forgot I am Indeed an NY resident native to the area

updated title for better info

any more help pls?

I don't think a particular score will "secure" you admission, but a 30+ would definitely make you very competitive. Plus their large class size and being in-state helps a lot.

Thought I'd put in my two cents.

I'm currently waitlisted and desperately hoping I don't have to ship out to SGU. My stats were weird.

36 MCAT, 3.2 GPA, 3.0 science

Thought I'd put in my two cents.

I'm currently waitlisted and desperately hoping I don't have to ship out to SGU. My stats were weird.

36 MCAT, 3.2 GPA, 3.0 science

Strange. Did you apply broadly enough?

Your awesome MCAT will definitely make up for your low sGPA.

...and DO NOT go to the Caribbean.