What are my chances + help with school list!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phopho

Reaction score
Date of submission: submitted 6/26 9 schools (the ones w/o essays). Going to apply more.
Overall GPA: 3.5
Science GPA: 3.2
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.2
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA: 23 |QR: 24 | RC: 21 | Bio: 22 | GC: 24| OC:22 | TS: 22 | PAT: 22

Major: Biomedical Sciences
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? I guess not according to the comments lol

Shadowing Experience:
~150 hr
Volunteering Experience: ~ 800 hr
Employment: pharmacy tech, health assistant, tutor, etc.
Research: ~150 hr as an undergrad researcher, no publications
LOR type and strength: 2 from science professors, 1 from general dentist, 1 from manager (I believe they are pretty strong. At least two should be very strong)

School list: I applied to UAB, Colorado, Roseman, Case Western, Western U Cal, Detroit Mercy, Midwestern Az, Temple, Tufts (submitted app for these yesterday)
thinking about applying to OHS, Utah, A.T. Still Az, Maryland, Iowa, NYU (not sure), UOP (not sure), USC (not sure), LECOM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
taking a gap year does not make you non-trad

Reactions: 1 users
what is your state of residence?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great DAT score, 9 schools is on the low end for a 3.2 sgpa but with a 22/23 DAT you could get away with it haha. I think you have a good school list. I personally wouldnt add NYU bc I think you will get in elsewhere and you probably want to avoid the extremely high amount of debt NYU will put you in. Utah and UoP would definitely be a reach. LECOM is a cheaper private school to consider adding. I think you will definitely get interviews and acceptance (as long as you interview well). I had a 3.2 sgpa and 21 aa/ts and had no problem getting interviews. Good luck!