What are my chances, look inside for details

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daj2101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a Associates Degree of Science, Bachelors degree in Human Sciences, and a Masters of Science in Medical Sciences, and did all of this in 4 years.

I have volunteered at the same hospital for three years. Some of tasks involves restocking supplies in the ER. Also getting the patients things such as food, water, and blankets. I have also shadowed a doctor on several ocasions.
I have two summers full of research done

I was a mentor at my university where I was assigned to a first year freshman for a year, and also was a Residential Advisor in the dorm where I exhibited leadership schools. During graduate school I was apart of a graduate organiiaton call Associations of Biologist. I am now 22 years old now and plan on talking the MCAT's. If I was to make around a 30 on the test would I have a good chance of getting into medical school.

In my undergraduate career my overall gpa was a 3.4 and a 3.6 science gpa.
My gpa in my masters programs was 3.5 and was for those seeking entry into professional schools, and others who wanted to teach Anatomy. I have about 80 hours shadowing a ER Doctor. In terms of volunteering outside the hospital I do not have much experience except for a few volunteer activities that I did in my organization. During my masters program I was a teaching asstiant for a semester in which I assisted in the anatomy lab for first year medical students

Members don't see this ad.

*MCAT
MCAT is just one test.
Judging by your stats and provided you get a 31+ on your MCAT, your chances are average to good for MD.
If DO suits your passion, then you are in the clear too.

Quite competitive for DO; low end for MD, depending upon where in the US you are.

I have a Associates Degree of Science, Bachelors degree in Human Sciences, and a Masters of Science in Medical Sciences, and did all of this in 4 years.

I have volunteered at the same hospital for three years. Some of tasks involves restocking supplies in the ER. Also getting the patients things such as food, water, and blankets. I have also shadowed a doctor on several ocasions.
I have two summers full of research done

I was a mentor at my university where I was assigned to a first year freshman for a year, and also was a Residential Advisor in the dorm where I exhibited leadership schools. During graduate school I was apart of a graduate organiiaton call Associations of Biologist. I am now 22 years old now and plan on talking the MCAT's. If I was to make around a 30 on the test would I have a good chance of getting into medical school.

In my undergraduate career my overall gpa was a 3.4 and a 3.6 science gpa.
My gpa in my masters programs was 3.5 and was for those seeking entry into professional schools, and others who wanted to teach Anatomy. I have about 80 hours shadowing a ER Doctor. In terms of volunteering outside the hospital I do not have much experience except for a few volunteer activities that I did in my organization. During my masters program I was a teaching asstiant for a semester in which I assisted in the anatomy lab for first year medical students