What are my chances of getting accepted to med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MangoFive

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is your total GPA with the community college work a 2.8, or is the 3.75 community college GPA new post bacc work?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
I’m in the middle of 30s, wife and mom of one kid. I just finished my B.S this year and are currently work as a MLS. Before that I worked as a RA in research labs for years.

I started at community college with a high GPA then transferred to four year college and got my degree there. Being as mom and wife, my life has ups and downs and it did affect my GPA especially when my kid was younge.( I wouldn’t use it as an excuse. But I don’t have a high GPA and that’s the truth.) my final GPA at college is 2.8( and 3.75 at community college. Do I get any chances if I score a good grade on mcat? please help..Thank you!!
Impossible to answer without an MCAT score, and clarification as per the post above.

Getting accepted is 100% on you; we can only advise on chances of getting interview invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is your total GPA with the community college work a 2.8, or is the 3.75 community college GPA new post bacc work?

two years at community college gpa scores 3.75 where I finished most of the requisite courses and the transferred college only calculates GPA where I took from there which is 2.8.

Impossible to answer without an MCAT score, and clarification as per the post above.

Getting accepted is 100% on you; we can only advise on chances of getting interview invites.
I've scheduled my mcat exam in March. However desperate about my GPA already.

PreReqs
GPA
MCAT
Shadowing
Clinical hours
Community Service
Leadership
ECs

Many boxes count on the application. Check each school for minimum requirements. Good luck.

two years at community college gpa scores 3.75 where I finished most of the requisite courses and the transferred college only calculates GPA where I took from there which is 2.8.
Ok, so the AMCAS and AACOMAS are going to calculate your entire gpa, not one school + another school. We need you to do that here, and post your overall GPA, before we can advise you about what kind of MCAT score you’ll need.

Ok, so the AMCAS and AACOMAS are going to calculate your entire gpa, not one school + another school. We need you to do that here, and post your overall GPA, before we can advise you about what kind of MCAT score you’ll need.
Add sGPA as well.

And please clarify...did you do this: CC-> 4 year UG

Or this: UG -> CC for pre-reqs.

the order is important, as there are plenty of med schools that reward reinvention, but sanction declining GPA trends.