What are my chances really? 3.6GPA, 26 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kntran1010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended a small private UG in my state, major in biochem
My cGPA is 3.6, same for sGPA
My MCAT is 26 - 10 O, 10 P, 6 V ( English is not my first language)':( Cant use it as an excuse tho)
In my practices tests, I usually got 6-7 in verbal, about 9 in P and O section
I did an internship in a hospital in Vietnam - surgery department
Currently, Im volunteering/internship in the general surgery research at a hospital. Not sure about pub :xf:
Some volunteer and leadership experience in UG(4-5)?
What are my chances at MD and DO schools?
Thanks yall

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have a great chance at DO schools. I don't think your MCAT is good enough for MD; you'd need 29+.

I would recommend continuing your ECs, shadowing at DO physician, getting a letter of rec from a physician (DO or MD) and applying early. You can apply to any of the DO schools too.

I think you have a great chance at DO schools. I don't think your MCAT is good enough for MD; you'd need 29+.

I would recommend continuing your ECs, shadowing at DO physician, getting a letter of rec from a physician (DO or MD) and applying early. You can apply to any of the DO schools too.

Sweet, thank you so much. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I attended a small private UG in my state, major in biochem
My cGPA is 3.6, same for sGPA
My MCAT is 26 - 10 O, 10 P, 6 V ( English is not my first language)':( Cant use it as an excuse tho)
In my practices tests, I usually got 6-7 in verbal, about 9 in P and O section
I did an internship in a hospital in Vietnam - surgery department
Currently, Im volunteering/internship in the general surgery research at a hospital. Not sure about pub :xf:
Some volunteer and leadership experience in UG(4-5)?
What are my chances at MD and DO schools?
Thanks yall

Since you did an internship (shadowing?) in Vietnam I'm guessing you are Vietnamese and therefore not a URM.

Solid chance at DO, very small at MD.

Since you did an internship (shadowing?) in Vietnam I'm guessing you are Vietnamese and therefore not a URM.

Solid chance at DO, very small at MD.

Thanks.I thought so too. And yeah, I'm Vietnamese :D