What are my chances/what can I do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needhe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what my chances are of getting an interview/getting accepted. My overall GPA is real low ~2.5, my science is 3.0 with an MCAT score of 23. Should I take/retake any non-science classes to raise that part of my GPA, or should I retake the MCAT and try for a higher score?
Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering what my chances are of getting an interview/getting accepted. My overall GPA is real low ~2.5, my science is 3.0 with an MCAT score of 23. Should I take/retake any non-science classes to raise that part of my GPA, or should I retake the MCAT and try for a higher score?
Thanks for the help

how much more left of undergrad do you have to bring up the gpa? you are gonna want it as close to 3 as you can get it.

if you have done all of your pre-med requirements (or science requirements) then just take the easiest calsses you can to get the gpa up.

your sci gpa and mcat are good for pod.

and as always, apply as early in the cycle as you can since its rolling

As of right now I am set to graduate in May 2011. I can drop one of my classes that hasn't started yet and put off graduation until December 2011, or possibly do a post-bac or masters program if that would help anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
As of right now I am set to graduate in May 2011. I can drop one of my classes that hasn't started yet and put off graduation until December 2011, or possibly do a post-bac or masters program if that would help anymore.

Both would help! If you apply for the next cycle, remember to apply early (this helps)! If you scored at least a "C", I would advise against a retake. Just prove yourself by doing the best you can with your remaining classes! Best of Luck!

needhe, you have good chances of going into pod school. Temple and scholl have averages of a lil above 3.0 gpa i believe, but just apply to all of the schools and you'll have a really good shot, it's not as expensive as applying for MD school. I would focus on getting a real good mcat, study for it like as if you're a full time student.