what are my chances with a 3.91 gpa and a 496 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1111520

Hi everyone i just wanted to know what other people think my chances are of getting into any DO school preferably a FL school.
this is what i have
trilingual ( romanian, arabic, english )
over 200 hours of shadowing the head of orthopedic surgeon in jordan, about 30 hours of shadowing in romania, and about 300 hours of shadowing in the U.S.
over 150 hours of volunteering and community service .
certified emergency medical responder and worked on a medical response unit on campus for over 170 hours ( 3 semesters)
cell metabolism/ biochemistry tutor (2 years).
cpr TA for 1 semester
i was on the eboard of two clubs (American medical student association ) AMSA as the vp of finance and ( university emergency medicine student association) UEMSA as the director of recruitment
team leader and director for a head start where we taught children science and body
volunteer and director for many other programs including heart walk , light the night leukemia society, and relay for life.
no research positions
i have great letters of recommendation from two doctors and two professors and a strong personal statement reviewed by many people.

cGPA: 3.91 my school doesnt report science gpa but i only have a few Bs in my entire transcript and no Cs
MCAT : 496 (125/123/126/122) even tho psych was my favorite subject lol.

Which DO schools do you guys think i have a chance in ?

PS: please dont say repeat the mcat lol im done with that test.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone i just wanted to know what other people think my chances are of getting into any DO school preferably a FL school.
this is what i have
trilingual ( romanian, arabic, english )
over 200 hours of shadowing the head of orthopedic surgeon in jordan, about 30 hours of shadowing in romania, and about 300 hours of shadowing in the U.S.
over 150 hours of volunteering and community service .
certified emergency medical responder and worked on a medical response unit on campus for over 170 hours ( 3 semesters)
cell metabolism/ biochemistry tutor (2 years).
cpr TA for 1 semester
i was on the eboard of two clubs (American medical student association ) AMSA as the vp of finance and ( university emergency medicine student association) UEMSA as the director of recruitment
team leader and director for a head start where we taught children science and body
volunteer and director for many other programs including heart walk , light the night leukemia society, and relay for life.
no research positions
i have great letters of recommendation from two doctors and two professors and a strong personal statement reviewed by many people.

cGPA: 3.91 my school doesnt report science gpa but i only have a few Bs in my entire transcript and no Cs
MCAT : 496 (125/123/126/122) even tho psych was my favorite subject lol.

Which DO schools do you guys think i have a chance in ?

PS: please dont say repeat the mcat lol im done with that test.
None with that MCAT score. In fact you are in a danger zone for failing out of medical school and or failing boards with that score.

As such, I cannot recommend the flying until you retake the exam and do substantially better.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Retake the mcat and prove that you can score above a 500. The newest DO schools might take a chance on you but it’s a stretch with a 496

Reactions: 1 user
You could receive interviews at some of the newer DO schools with your MCAT of 496. Your GPA of 3.91 should help.
I suggest all these schools:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
Noorda-COM
ICOM
BCOM
Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews. Apply this month and submit all your secondaries by August.

Reactions: 1 user