What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoRey14

c/o 2020!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a new user. I know I posted this already in What are my chances thread, but I wanted to get as much feedback as I could. I am a non-traditional student, currently enrolled in my 4th qtr at a post-bac program. I graduated with a double major in Biology and Anthropology, B.S. Here are my stats:

--Experiences--
Veterinary:
100 working as a veterinary assistant in a clinic
100 working as a veterinary receptionist at an emergency hospital
Animal:
300 volunteering at an animal shelter
200 at a rescue group which include:
-100 volunteering as a "catpal" socializing cats, and increasing their likelihood for adoption
-100 volunteering as a "dogpal" taking care of the dogs, conducting temperament tests, increasing their likelihood for adoption
Other:
500 as a microbiology lab assistant, working closely w/ the lab mice
2000 working as a lab tech (unfortunately, this was not veterinary-related :()
Does pet ownership count as well?

I have three main questions:
1. I have not taken my GREs, I am currently studying for them and plan on taking them by the end of August. I know I gotta score extremely high on them to balance out my gpa! What do you think is a GRE score I should aim on getting to balance out my weak cumulative GPA?

2. I want to maximize my chances in getting in as much as I possibly can. Which schools are the ones the place a greater emphasis on the last 45 units?

3. Lastly, I am wondering if I should re-take my C's, since some of the veterinary schools do grade replacements, or should I continue getting A's in my post-bac program, which I am probably going to continue to do until the end of this year. I know my experiences are pretty low and weak. After taking up more classes in my post-bac, I'm going to focus on diversifying my experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is considered cross posting and will probably be closed. Just wait for people to respond to your other post--no need to post it multiple times.

Reactions: 1 user